• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SnowJapan Admin

Ahhh, I obviously totally misunderstood what you were saying in the chat box. Sorry!

I thought you were implying that there weren't many people online and therefore lots of space top right and therefore the "top posters" was somehow discouraging people to post. Or something like that. (So I was confused about all that because things are actually really busy this morning)

OK I see now. Well that is cramped and I doubt many people have it like that with the browser only using up maybe 60% of the screen (?). Do you always use the browser like that ie. not taking up the whole screen? If you click on the maximise thingy, it will probably look much much better because the extra space will ALL be given to the Who's Online data and will more than likely eliminate all 'white space' on all but the smallest screen display settings.

(The reason we made the top left parts into images is to give it a uniform size for everyone rather than before where it was dependent on font size etc).

I'd be interested to know if many people do that, obviously it is something we had not taken into consideration.

smile

• SnowJapan Admin

How about everyone else? Please let us know.

[This is all going to depend on peoples screen settings and as above browser width, but when there are up to 50 registered members online for most display settings there should be little or no white space]

Right now there are 48 member names up there (wow) but it still looks ok here. If it went to another line perhaps a slight bit of space would appear but nothing anything like your pic.

Why don't you open the browser up a bit more. Does it have to be that narrow? Well, it's up to you I suppose! smile

no prob here. I myself hate things half screen I open them all full screen and if I want to switch, just click the windows bar to change between windows - easy

soub - clean up your desk top, it`s full of crap! evilgrin

My browser is ~27cm wide. That makes it about A4. I need glasses to see anything closer than my feet, so making it bigger doesn't help.

The ace lady always has everything maximised. I thought she was the pervert, but it seems as if it is me. Again smile

• SnowJapan Admin

Well, this is a bit of a relief actually - sorry soubs! - but it is good to get feedback on things like this and to hear about it. We want to know when strange things seem to be going on. We did a fair bit of testing and adjusting on this before we put it online but didn't count on people using browsers like that.

Soubs - when you do maximise the window, it looks ok then... right?

( Can you just do it and let me know please, you can bring it back down narrow later wink )

Lets see how the poll goes!

I agree with soubs, put the browser screen res at 800pix width and you get a lot of whitespace. A lot of people with old small monitors will have that problem.