I'm looking for some new earphones for my mp3 player and getting lost with choice. I want something small (not cans) and quality, but not something that needs to go into the depths of my ear (not comfortable). Looking at some Shure ones but would really like to hear of any recommendations people have.

Price isn't so much of an issue (as long as it doesn't get silly - I'm willing to look into anything under 20,000)

Thanks!

I got the little Sony "inside the ear" ones - they aren't uncomfortable. The little inserts are silicone rubber, so are soft (and hypoallergenic) so I hardly notice them. They came with three sizes so I could select the correct ones for my ear holes.

My previous set were the ones that go into your ear, but sit outside the opening - those were really uncomfortable. Sony also, but not designed to fit my ears apparently.

Think they were 6000-5000 IIRC.

Ive got 2 sets of BOSE. One is the triport:

elec-Accessories-All-Bose_30030_TriPort_

the other set fits in your ears:

bose_in_ear_headphones.jpg

theyre both awesome sets of headphones!! I love em both for different reasons. The first covers your ear and really blocks out other noise (but they arent noise canceling) and snug to your head quite comfortably. Down side is they are a bit big and bulky so you cant just through them in your pocket. Thats why I picked up the other pair. They are the best in your ear headphones Ive listened to. Beautiful sound/quality which is what youd expect from BOSE.

I did some research on headphones last month and the for about 6000yen the name Sennheiser came up as the ones to get. CX300

CX300NR_TG.jpg

I am going to order some online.

if money is no issue then I believe one of the the best money can buy is "Shure"

they have one set of in-ear phones that cost about 45000yen that offer exceptional clarity; deep, tight bass; rich, enveloping sound; and great noise isolation.

site_img_pa_se530_l.jpg

Too right, CB. There's just so many of the damn things and you read reviews that say each and every one is either great or crap.

Not headphones, but anyone else got the round JBL On Stage speakers for ipod. Excellent it is.

gg - yes, that JBL on-stage small speaker thing is excellent. My original vPod now lives on one of those in the living room. Really good sound comes out of that.

JBL_On_Stage_II_Dock-2fSpeakers_with_Rem

Remember when you buy one of these, kids - IPOD NOT INCLUDED!

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
thurs, you try the bose ones? They fit my ears very nicely.

not the sort of thing you really want to try in shop are they? kind of a very personal item, the 'in ear canal buds'. Shop demo models must be just nasty!