Mate, you sure like to go out with a bang! I thought you were going to leave Japan quietly...

Boar attacks 5 in Osaka, then barges into kindergarten

Wednesday 09th April, 08:37 AM JST

OSAKA —

A wild boar attacked five people Tuesday in Kashiwara, Osaka Prefecture, then barged into a kindergarten before being found dead later in a river, police said. The five attacked in the rampage were kindergarten employees and pedestrians. No children were hurt, police said.

The boar came from a nearby mountain. It first hit a 53-year-old woman on a bicycle and then ran into the kindergarten. The boar smashed into the glass door of a staff room, injuring three employees with broken glass. “It scared the hell out of me,” said principal Koichi Kawahito. After exiting the school, the boar charged at a 55-year-old woman on the sidewalk. Three hours later, police found the animal dead in a nearby river. It was not clear how it had died, police said.

lol.gif Nah mate, in Japan still. I get to run tomorrow! \:\) Just not at my place in Hiroshima anymore. Been at my wife's place in Kyoto for the last 2 weeks. I'll have to forge.. Ah I mean get an absentee note shifty.gif

never apart!

!

i got the last keitai email from the wife.

suddenly, utterly, feel sad.

well well bp, as i asked you in my wedding speech,

pls take a good care of her wherever you are and no matter what.

have a safe and wonderful trip wave.gif

There's quite a little community of ex-pat Japanese here too...

I was at a Karaoke party held by ex-tokyo residents - hubby Aussie, wife Japanese - on the weekend. Lot of Japanese families there - most here for a few years only ... but they have formed a bond. REALLY nice people, really welcoming.

I am sure BP will look after her, but Perth will look after her too.

Safe trip BP and BPG.

You just need a whole lot of documentation to prove that you are coming back permanently.

Shipping lists (personal goods)

One way tickets

letters proving that you have moved out of your rented accomodation in Jp.

Enrolled kids in kindy or school.

Letter from employer stating that you have resigned to live in OZ etc etc

The more you have the easier it is!

Was hard for me as we were self employed, kindy didn't give us any documentation etc etc.

Be prepared and it's a pieceapiss.

Cheers Indo! thumbsup.gif Good to know. We have some of that stuff and I can get a letter from my employer easily so no worries.

Well I'm in the airport and about to get on the plane! Seeya everyone! Will be back on here once back in Perth!