• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Well I am married and life is great.

Wouldn't still be married if it wasn't after 18 years!! I like that we had kids young, and now they are grown and growing hubby and I get to do things like snowboard together and with the kids .... that is kinda more fun than going to bingo halls together! LOL

• 2 months later...

Once was married (a son), then widowed, then married again (2 daughters), then divorced, now living with my "life partner" of 15 years (no offspring - the factory's been closed at my end!).

Confused, yet?

It was difficult for a while, then one day you just wake up and decide that you have to "get over it". At that point you deal with the grief, and move on. Hardest was dealing with the fact that the in-laws blamed me. Then there was the effect it had on the son who was 13 months old at the time is mother died.

As I said, you get over it and move on!

Originally Posted By: JA
It was difficult for a while, then one day you just wake up and decide that you have to "get over it". At that point you deal with the grief, and move on. Hardest was dealing with the fact that the in-laws blamed me. Then there was the effect it had on the son who was 13 months old at the time is mother died.

As I said, you get over it and move on!

why did they blame you? don't elaborate if not comfortable dude.

Great atttitude mate.

I remember something similar happening to a family friend and they said that you know there's really not much else you can do but get on with it, but it must be hard.

It is everyones nightmare isn't it.

That and losing a child.

You did it tough JA. You're an amazing person to come out the other side of that tunnel with such a positive outlook on life.

Blame is easy to spread around. I was blamed for not doing enough to try to revive her.

Now, I had, at that stage, a current Bronze medal for resuscitation, applied CPR for over 30 minutes until Ambos turned up, they used oxy-viva and compressions, loaded her into the ambulance and took her to hosiptal.

I am at a loss as to what I could possibly have done different, but there you go. I am still alive, they have both passed on.

The real story is - get a grip, grieve and get on with life.