• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: joshnii
Kent, England?!?

Yes, Kent, England, UK.
The garden of England? don't know how that came about but there are places north of Watford that are so much more beautiful. But beauty of course is in the eye of the beholder.

In the glorious winter of 61/62, it snowed on boxing day and the snow lay for a month. The sea around East Anglia froze.

In Norfolk, I've had difficulty starting my car. The core plugs were pushed out of the block by ice despite running 50% antifreeze. At 52 degrees north on the East coast, it can get very cold.

Sud. Silver rust bucket.

It was crazy. I saw some un connected leads and some unconnectded terminals. So, mr DIY in me coneected them. It burnt out the whole speedo unit. Had to get a new one.

Alfa don't bother taking them out, they just leave things disconnected.

Really notchy second. So bad, I had it taken apart by the mechies at uni, but they couldn't fix it either. Eventually got rid of it for 250 squids and a pint to a bloke in a pub.

inboard brakes, firm suspension, it went round corners like it was on the proverbial rails. One time, I over took a granny on a lefty bend and the bend got tighter and tighter. It broke away, and did a 180. Luckily nobody coming the other way, AND the granny turned off before she saw me. lol.gif

Quote:
Sure did! Actually I've felt colder in places that sit around zero. I think with it being so cold there is very little moisture in the air and that makes a big difference. You do have to rug up when you go out though!

Thats very interesting.
I must go!

Loved the Sud. It was a pint sized car with a quart of heart. Comfortable, quiet, refined with superb handling. I thrashed it mercilessly for 80,000 miles and it never complained. 70mph averages point to point from a 1200cc car. It rusted to shite inside 3 years though.

Talking about noisy exhausts, there's a guy that owns a huge bike near us that has the loudest exhaust EVER. And he likes to ride round late at night. Idiot.