If you do go. Just pick one mountains to go to. There is so much terrain that if you try for both mountains you will always be just looking for the good stuff instead of actually finding it and exploiting it.

And which mountain. I say Blackcomb. If your into steeps and chutes. My favorite. Go into Spanky's on the Blackcomb Glacier. Got Ruby, Dimond, and Saphire bowls. Not really bowls but more just faces which lots of possibilty.

And then Whistler has the Peak Chair and Harmony. Harmony gets tracked out quick but the Peak has a few lines and a few hidden areas.

confused.gif

Yep, WB has great terrain ... but

Enjoy the humidity and endless days of rain, even in January. Their marketing will not tell you about that.

Teaching in the rain to people paying a fortune to be there ...

.. the world`s most over rated ski resort .. sorry.

Ever been to Hokkaido ?

Are you from Vancouver? I've ridden Whislter/Blackcomb since I was pretty young and can honestly say that it has got to be one of the best. Have never noticed any humidity on the west coast ever............although it does rain quite a bit, I have only ridden a few times up in Whistler when it was unbearable. Maybe you caught a bad patch of weather???? Where are you guys from? Van?

I'm from pretty close to Van so yes Vancouver.

I have had even drizzly days at W\B and even some of them are fun.

Of course its going to rain sometimes. Look where it is Geographically. And of course they arn't going to mention the rain in ther marketing. Does any hill.

Pretty much every hill in British Columbia experiences a few days of rain every season.

I remember skiing in Arai in Easter this year with the zeroman. It was warm (16C) and it was raining. I was thoroughly soaked through from both rain and sweal....but it didn't stop me from having a good time. I was very surprised at the snow quality, not very slushy at all.

From my experience, I would have to say that Blackcomb caters to boarders and Whistler more to skiiers. But of course, everyone has their own preferences..........I guess if you are looking for hits and a good board park, Blackcomb is where its at.........

Well there is way more to Blackcomb than just the park.

and can you really draw that generialization between skiers and snowboarders. Sure snowboarders like to go in the park but so do many skiers. I think its more of a personality thing.

Blackcomb has lots of chutes

Whistler has wide open bowls

No no. Not at all.

I'm from the Valley. Chilliwack to be exact. Should I be saying that. Don't hold the smell against me. I'm not a farmer.

This is my first year here so don't have any favorites yet. But I am going to Niseko for 3 weeks over the holidays. But my local hill will be Hirayu in the town of Hirayu Onsen.

Yes the WACK. I gradded from UCFV in Abby in 2003 so just this past June.

And I'm neither of the local hills although I do like Cypress but have never been to Seymour.

Before this I was a Manning person with a pass there for 8 years. And before that Hemlock for many years which I do not like admitting to.

What year did you grad? And where did you ski/ride?

Manning, man I remember going there for my Elementary School Graduation trip............was pretty nice!

If I go local, I usually go to Cypress, the guys at Seymour are a little too hardcore for me. But, most of the time I just drive up to Blackcomb.

I went to UBC and graduated in 2001. I'm on my 3rd and final year in Japan. You??? Jet? Nova?