Today we went to Kandatsu. Last night we stay and so get first lift this morning at 5:30am so we come back Tokyo afternoon but still quite long time. I like Kandatsu when not busy and view is very pretty.

The weather was good, snow was good and it was not busy at all. Sometimes a slope was just me and my friend!

Look at photos

echineko_3.jpg

echineko_2.jpg

echineko_1.jpg

Kandatsu is popular on weekends partly helped by a cheap bus package straight to the resort for day trips from Tokyo. As such, it is a bit of a gaper slalom on the out runs. They manage lift lines well, though, as they are one of the only resorts in Japan with the lifties purposely filling each chair. There are actually some semi-steep runs in Kandatsu (rare for Yuzawa) and they do a good job of grooming. They are popular with mogul skiers and have hand groomed mogul runs while the park is one of the best maintained in Japan (no pipe though). The food is quite good and it has a great onsen.

i went to this place sat-was only on the 8.00am shink from ueno so did`nt get first run till after 10.00am (got the 9.40am bus from the station)

crowd wise wasn`t bad although there appeared a lot of people on the hill it seemed to take most of them an hour or so to do a run - the ques were not bad 3-4 mins at most

BUT then it closed in big time within the space of 20-30 mins vis was reduced to minimal a far cry from the blue skies of around 9.30am

i did`nt really get a good feel for the place although i will say it takes a while to get to the steeper parts of the hill- very windy place but the amenities were good- all in all pleased I bought a book for the trip

-

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...