• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be in Jouzankei-onsen mura... that's just down the road a bit.

But to answer Akibun's question - no, I am in Sapporo-shi, Chuou-ku. The bus ride takes a little over an hour and the round-trip bus ticket and a one-day lift ticket is 4600 yen.

I am still dumbfounded that with the amount of native english speakers in Japan (let alone the Ozzie hordes in Niseko) that they can still make spelling mistakes. Where did you find this Thurs?

That's a deal, except the bus ride gets you into Niseko rather late in the morning, and the last bus back isn't very late in the evening either, so your on-mountain time gets really limited. You'd have to wear you skiing/boarding clothes onto the bus and dash straight to the lifts to get your 8-hours worth!

It was dumping pretty steadily when we were doing the in and out this January - and there were a number of road crews working that reduced it to one lane (hence wait times) and we were 2.5 hrs Niseko to/from Sapporo Shin Chitose.

Our friends were sure it would take 4 hours, and had heard so - so despite being on the same flight as us they left on a bus 3 hours before us.

We all had lunch together at the airport in the end, and we were there in plenty of time. As hubby said - whats the worst that can happen. Bus is late, you miss your plane. Plenty of spare seats both ways anyway I am sure we could have rebooked for the next available flight.