BA fuel tax overcharge - refund?

On bbc today

Quote:
People who flew long-haul with British Airways or Virgin Atlantic between 11 August 2004 and 23 March 2006 will be eligible for a refund.

Virgin and BA have reached agreement on a class action suit, which will now have to be approved by US courts.

BA was fined for price-fixing on fuel surcharges while Virgin also admitted breaching the law but escaped a fine.

The refunds will be worth one-third of the fuel surcharge, between about £1 and £11.50 for each flight.

Claims process

Individuals and businesses that bought a ticket on either airline in the UK or the US will be able to claim refunds.

That last sentence makes it sound like we won't be able to from here though - which would be rather unfair wouldn't it!

I heard it was up about 10 pounds a flight for long haul and for a period of 3 years. So in my case that's 6 x 10 = 60. Certainly worth having, especially as they robbed it off me in the first place and it will supposedly be extremely easy to claim. Everyone should be encouraged to get their money back and not let BA keep it.

lol.gif yes.

Oh yes, definitely worth getting back even if it is just a fiver. They said on the news that it will take just minutes. I hope we can do it this end too.