Tazio Nuvolari

nuvolari-intro.jpg

Born 1892. European Motorcycle champion 1925.

Tazio%20Nuvolari%20and%20Bianchi.jpg

Beat the Master Race at the Nurburgring in front of Hitler, driving an obsolete Alfa P3

brauchitsch_nuvolari02.jpg

tzn-d35.jpg

Joined Auto Union. Beat the creme de la creme driving a 550bhp car with trailing arm and rear swing axles. 5" wide tyres on wet cobbles, with tracks lined with kerbs, trees and phone poles.

auto-union_D-type_nuvolari-L.jpg

Auto-Union-4-Nuvolari-at-McLareans-b.jpg

Died 1953 from TB plus strokes.

I don't hold Schumacher in the same regard.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wikipedia:

"Bernd Rosemeyer [Auto Union] was killed during a world speed record attempt on the Autobahn between Frankfurt and Darmstadt, on January 28th 1938.

Competing for the record on the same day against Rudolf Caracciola, the Mercedes driver went first and set a new record of 432 km/h (268 mph) in the early hours of the day. Rosemeyer went out next in his Auto Union Streamliner despite report that the wind was picking up. After two preliminary runs he was on his third and final attempt at 11:47am when the car was probably caught by a gust of wind or an unforeseen aerodynamic effect and skidded to the left and then to the right and off the road. Rosemeyer was thrown out of the car that was somersaulting through the air, and died at the roadside."

432 km/h (268 mph). Fast enough, methinks, for 5" tyres and no brakes.

World motorsport boss Max Mosley has won a legal action against a Sunday newspaper over claims an orgy he took part in had Nazi overtones.

The High Court ruled the News of the World did breach Mr Mosley's privacy, awarding him £60,000 in damages.

Mr Justice Eady said he could expect privacy for consensual "sexual activities (albeit unconventional)".

The Fascist turd failed to get exemplary damages (which he claimed). Shagging prostitutes is OK, but compromises his leadership of an international sporting authority.

Beneath this shite is a sport struggling to get out from under Max and Bernie. Good luck thumbsup

• 1 month later...

It amuses the hell out of me how much people rate the drivers on their personalties. Damon Hill and Schumacher were the top two drivers of the day (based on results) yet Damon was treated as if he regularly came last.

Surely their job is to drive bloody fast in a consistent way and to hell what the public thinks of them? It shows how twisted the media and our view of sports people has become when we expect people who are at the top of their game to be personable as well.

Hamilton/McLaren got screwed by Bernie and the Stewards.

The Ferrari bias is so plainly obvious its not funny.

Niki lauda is one legend calling a spade a spade

The Austrian legend said that Hamilton's penalty made him start to believe suggestions that the authorities favoured Ferrari.

"In the past, there have always been rumours and stories - and I've always been completely against them because they've never been proven - that Ferrari, because of its past and history, was always against McLaren with the stewards and the FIA, who if there was a decision, were in favour of Ferrari," said Lauda.

"I've always said this is bulls**t, that this is a sport and you have to be neutral, but the decision yesterday makes me believe that everyone is watching Ferrari in a positive way and McLaren in a very negative way.

"What developed yesterday is the biggest mess the sport has ever done."

That 25 second penalty is the craziest thing I've ever seen in motorsport. I've seen some crazy incompetent stewards decisions at club level racing but such a blatantly wrong decision at F1 level has totally astounded me.

It was a simple case of advantage by failing to take the chicane, as happens regularly in Monaco, if you give the advantage back, then no issue. The stewards argument that Hamilton still retained some advantage in spite of giving the place back is nuts - in the video (I managed to find one that is still up) you can clearly see that Hamilton's cars is going slower as they cross the start finish line. Going slower down the start finish straight is hardly an advantage. It was simply that Kimi's car was now nearly impossible to drive that made it "easy" for Hamilton to repass.

Methinks the stewards were told how to decide if they could possibly pull it off.

So? He gets a 25 second penalty for being a) slower, and B) behind the car in front.

Big advantage.

This it shite. A billion dollar "sport" ruled by amateurs and fascist sadists. I used to love F1, but now I'm totally alienated by the greed and arrogance.

Forgetting for the moment that any penalty is a joke, what I really don't get is why the penalty was 25 seconds.

Normally when you gain a place through a mistake you are penalised one place.

But 25 seconds must be roughly equivalent to a drive through penalty - which is normally reserved for more serious offences like knocking someone else off the track thru your mistake.

It must be galling for the officials to have to hand out such corrupt rulings.