Ladies, do you like high heels.

Apparently, they are quite good for you:

Quote:
Wearing higher heels - although perhaps not stilettos - may improve your pelvic floor muscles and in doing so boost your sex life, a study suggests.

An Italian urologist and self-professed lover of the sexy shoe set out to prove that high heels were not as bad for women's health as some suggest.

The shoe has been linked to a range of problems - from corns to schizophrenia.

But in a letter to European Urology, Dr Maria Cerruto said her research showed it was time to stand up for the heel.

She said her study of 66 women under 50 found that those who held their foot at a 15 degree angle to the ground - the equivalent of a two inch heel - had as good posture as those who wore flat shoes, and crucially showed less electrical activity in their pelvic muscles.

This suggested the muscles were at an optimum position, which could well improve their strength and ability to contract.

The pelvic floor muscles are an essential component of the female body. As well as assisting sexual performance and satisfaction, they provide vital support to the pelvic organs, which include the bladder, bowels and uterus.

Dance teacher of my baby daughter (who's now 23) once defined "cute" as 'ugly but interesting'.

Wonder what the logic is behind the hot pants, tights and stilleto heels in January. There must be some frozen tushes out there.

Whilst I would never discourage women from wearing sexy clothing and shoes I do feel for the those in Sapporo in winter who wear skirts barely a few inches long with no stockings! Sure the boots up to their knees offer a little protection but man some bits must get damn near frozen!! You've got to admire their determination to look good regardless of the climate...

I spent much of last year in a knee brace with a peekaboo hole at the knee to keep my patella tracking properly after turning my ankle in heels - the things we do!

I am more comfortable in heels than flats, as long as they are not ridiculously high and uncomfortable, as the high heel give my foot an arch - an arch it decided I no longer needed when I was pregnant - groan!

Gotta admit though - high heels and short skirts or shorts or middriff tops in winter is being a real fashion victim!! Hope those girls are wearing thermal undies!!

Quote:
shapely legs

I agree with you.

Though a few people back home sure don't.
My dads definition of shapely legs is more like Beyonce x 2 than a typical Japanese girl. I call what he calls "shapely" something more like "overweight"!!

We have had some interesting talks about this kind of thing.