2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

50 days, biatches. That is not counting any nightas or any 2 hour days or anything like that. I count 12 ski days until the end of golden week leaving me with 62 for the standard season. Then I have 6 ski days at Momentum Ski Camp in whistler in June. A long weekend or 2 in NZ this summer and my goal for 70 will have finally been hit! I may do a sick day park trip or 2 this month just to make sure I have a buffer...

if you work 6 days a week (long way to go to the mountains for 1 day), if you live in Shikoku, if you are on call, if you suddenly have to work weekends and your ride to mtns was a weekend ride, if you have to do lots of overtime and are too burned out by the weekend, perhaps its a lack of work and hence cashflow....the list goes on

Here's what I imagine,

the nightas have stopped in Niseko, (that is where 004-0081 is located). Work during the day, no skiing in evening. Busy busy weekends to promote and sell stuff for next season.

Well looks like my total only ended up at a misealy 13 times this season, but all enjoyable times all the same, this last month was to busy to hit the slopes, but may get a final slide in this month somewhere if I can.

Hopefully next season I can do more.

So a 7 day work week... Fair enough. Actually I was thinking too literally about being directly prevented by work. Other than being on call, the other things are indirect and incidental (like where you live). I, personally, can not understand being too burned out to ski as that is all I can do to unwind and will travel on no sleep to ski one day but I may be an exception.

I put skiing way before work anyway. As an example, when as last minute heli slot came up to ski with the wink inc crew in Valdez (trip of a lifetime) and I booked to leave my boss asked if I put it in the system for approval. I replied that I don't need my company's approval to leave, only to come back. As such, I still can't see work stopping skiing. I would chop wood for fattwins if working in Tokyo prevented skiing.

As you can imagine, skiing has damaged my career. It has also lost me lots of friends and put strains on my familly life. If alcohol or drugs cost this much I would be locked into the Betty Ford clinic for eternity.

I have managed only 10 days, but I am happy. I may get another day or 2 in, my problem is that my mates aren't as enthusiastic as I am, and as the weather is warming up, the idea of heading to the cold mountains holds less and less appeal. I didn't mind going on my own when the snow was awesome but now that the snow is wet and sugary its not so much fun going solo.