TR: 6 days in Hokkaido: how I learned to love the Goats

Originally Posted By: samurai
woah, woah, woah. the dukes are half the weight of freerides? Fritsche Diamar? The freerides are plastic and go to 12 and are insanely light.

You mean naxos?

Tech Talk, JONG!

Sorry, just always wanted to say that. Clearly I am far more worthy of that title than you. Please continues as you were!
 Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
I like the dukes so far but havent toured with them. Got skins for the pontoons just need a chance to use em.

They must cost a penny, those pontoons are so huge.

I want to get some skins this weekend, hopefully there will be something that won't break the bank at Rappi...

I'm not an AT type but I thought the dukes were suppose to one of the heavier bindings.

KOM

Expect to pay about 2 mon for a BD or G3 skin for your Gots.

If any one gets a chance they should try this years Verdict. Real sweet.

Originally Posted By: Kingofmyrrh
I like the dukes so far but havent toured with them. Got skins for the pontoons just need a chance to use em.

They must cost a penny, those pontoons are so huge.

I want to get some skins this weekend, hopefully there will be something that won't break the bank at Rappi...

got the toons off backcountry and they were cheap(er) than anything ive seen in Japan thumbsup.gif \:D

Skins I got them cut for 12,000 at his store.

CB

What brand skins were they. Thats a deal and a half. Up here there blody expensive.

Has any one seen a BD Guide Probe 300cm. Cant seem to find any in Sapporo. The other option was an orthovox 320 @ 120000 yen which I refuse to pay.

Originally Posted By: quattro
CB

What brand skins were they. Thats a deal and a half. Up here there blody expensive.

Has any one seen a BD Guide Probe 300cm. Cant seem to find any in Sapporo. The other option was an orthovox 320 @ 120000 yen which I refuse to pay.

BD guide probe on Backcountry for $60.
CB

I suspect they were a brand called something like "Collins". Don't remember the exact name, but they were in the store when I was there. I got them to trim me a set of G3s for just under 18k, not particularly cheap but they did a great job.

Walked into a ski shop with a guest yesterday, chatted up the owner and in 20 minutes we walked out with.... a pair of new mint 183 goats 06/07, mounted with last seasons marker din12 bindings for 40000 yen.

Now that is a steal!

CB

check the Rapie site. call them. their shipping is dirt cheap!
 Originally Posted By: Kumapix
you're coming up King of M? see u then

I never did see you... I wasn't actually at Nick's for that much time, and as I didn't know your face (it's possible I might have been introduced to you before, but in that case I would remember your real name and not SJ name most likely) I didn't feel I could go around asking everyone "are you Kumapix?" to be greeted with blank stares! Next time will try harder, hopefully this weekend if you are around.
I wonder if I saw you there King?

I'm very easy to identify - I have the most offensive to the eyes white and green jacket you have ever seen. There may be photos and the story behind it tomorrow if I can gte together the weekend's work. Otherwise I am fairly indescript - thin, pasty, average height white guy with dark hair and English accent.
CB

Rapie has DB Guide 300cm probe for sure (several in stock) - it was between 5000 and 6000 yen.