What pants are you using? Ive been in the same ski pants for 5-6 years crazy.gif eek.gif and really want something new and improved. Mine have no vents for hiking which sucks but theyre pretty bomber pants as theyve done probably well over 200 days which isnt bad.

I looked at some Patagucchi Light Smoke pants last night and liked em. They were about 4 man and fit well. Have some decent vents but nothing full length. Zips seemed ok.

What are you using? What do you like and dislike about them?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been using a pair of ArcTeryx theta lites for about the same amount of time. They've held up really good over the years. have side zips for ventilation and suspenders. There kind of a short length bib.

Not sure if they still make though. There web site has a theta SV and an theta AR

Most ArcTeryx is pretty bomber and you really cant go wrong with it.

Im using North Face Revolution Pants. Dam good for the money, 2 zip pockets on the hips and one velcro on the thigh. They have side zips for ventalation too. I was able to pick them up for a great price (100$ on SAC) and just couldn't bring myself to spend the extra cash on ArcTeryx, Marmot, or Mountain Hardware. Yes theres better stuff out there but this will be my 3rd season with these and I have no complaints

I like vents, but my menfolk INSIST on vents. We are running quite a few different brands and type, but we need to get new pants for the 16yr old bear this year (he has grown) so will keep a close eye on this thread.

His previous pants had a full length side zip so each leg could pretty much open up flat - great for drying!

I agree quattro, both of my new jackets are arcteryx - sidewinder SV and the Sigma SV softshell that Kuma is selling ;\) and love them both. I looked at pants on backcountry but dont wanna buy anything without trying them on first. I bought a pair of arcteryx pants of SAC but they didnt fit me so well so freaking Taz got a sick pair of pants!! mad.gif sjangry.gif

Originally Posted By: Oyuki kigan
more importantly, what underwear do you use? whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: quattro
if you need some good insulation layering for underneath look at the Patagonia R1 tights. or go commando

mmm good question and something I was thinking about. if you are wool wearing thermals, is it going to stuff up the "wicking" process if you wear cotton underwear or is it better to take quattro's suggestion of going commando....

I find that the "old man" style long johns, while very warm actually hinder movement as the tend to stick to the lining of my trousers. I'm in the market for some "sports underwear", I looked at some in my local snow sho but they were retailing for around 5g's, I don't wanna spend that, so I guess I'm gonna have to become more creative

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
I find that the "old man" style long johns, while very warm actually hinder movement as the tend to stick to the lining of my trousers. I'm in the market for some "sports underwear", I looked at some in my local snow sho but they were retailing for around 5g's, I don't wanna spend that, so I guess I'm gonna have to become more creative

try Uniglo...i think they call them "heat tech" very warm and not restrictive and a bargain at 1,500yen