Hi all. I need a help as a newbie in Japan as well as in snow games smile.gif.

I have two kids (7 & 5 yrs) and holiday from March 1 to March 30. My idea is to take them to learn skiing. So, firstly, I need to know where to go (in Japan of course) in March and to be sure that it will be enough snow at that time.

I want to rent an apartment somewhere (I believe its cheaper on monthly basis), put my kids on skis and let them learn skiing and, of course, I need to know how much, approximately will all that cost (rent + lessons for two kids).

As soon as I find some satisfying answers and make decision I will bother you with more tech questions (types of skis, boots etc.) laugh.gif. I might take some lessons as well.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Stena

March, you'd be alright. I'm going mid March to Hokkaido, so it will be good.

Renting a lodge for a month during March may be getting difficult in some areas as the Easter break will be very busy. You may want to contact some to help decide where to go. Niseko Now and Hakuba Now and Yuzawa Now are good places to start.

This is complicated. I just don't venture here.

Someone joins S-J and asks a specific question about accommodation and price.

Member tries to help but cant (even in PM"s) because they beach S-J rules.

confused.gif

• SnowJapan Admin

Mantas, it seems you have misunderstood. I was responding to ug -- I was not telling Rag-Doll that he cannot contact another member.

Nowhere did I say or even imply that Rag-Doll was trying to "sell" or did I ask him to not contact this member.

We do not allow advertising and sales on the Forums or via PMs.

We never have done.

What is complicated about that?

Oh dear!

As a newbie Stena probably doesn't have PM rights anyway.

Stena,

The answer to your accm question is easy. Go to Niseko, stand outside of the seiko mart with a sign in English saying - accm wanted for one month, will pay moderate rent. within about 30 sec property developers and owners and tour operators etc will be swaming around you with offers.

The local guys probably know this better but by March there isn't a lot of foreigner action in Niseko so getting a new 2 or 3 bedroom apartment for a month for a very reasonable price should be very very easy.

• SnowJapan Admin

Sigh.

Look, we are simply not getting into an in-depth debate on this.

Re-read what I wrote.

Re-read the guidelines.

In response to your comments, samurai:

Quote:
no advertising on SJ?

No.... and I did not say that.

Please re-read my words.

I said there is no advertising on these Forums.

If you look, you will notice that there is no advertising allowed on these forums - either paid for advertising or people blatantly trying to sell something.

If you do see anything that you think is 'advertising', tell us about it via PM and we will look into it and it will probably be deleted.

Quote:
then how does the whole world know that FatTwins runs a lodge in Hakuba?

Apart from the fact that 'the whole world' does not actually know this, he does not promote his lodge on these Forums. Yes, he does have a listing on the site, but that is not on these Forums. If you can show me a post where anyone actively promotes their lodge or other business on these Forums, please point it out to me via PM.

If you have a complaint or comment to make about our policies or related, please contact us directly rather than post it in public.

Thank you very much guys for all answers. I am sorry if I put u in bad position with my specific questions, didn't know about the rules. However, u made my mind and I will definitely take my kids skiing in March. Thanks again.

stena