Hi all I'm new here.

I'm heading to Hakuba December 12th and would really like a new board.

I'm flying into Tokyo but won't have time to go shopping (arrival 6.30pm) I'm hoping to buy a Lib Tech Skate Banana, anyone seen these around Nagano or Hakuba? a shop name or street where I can pick one up would be awesome.

Cheers.

If you are completely set on getting that board you are taking quite a chance trying to get it in Hakuba. It may well be available though - I can't tell you yet, but from experience, there is quite a surprising lack of options there, and although you can sometimes find the odd bargain, it is not the generally recommended place to shop - you are more likely to have to make do with what you can find! I don't know if there are any shops in Tokyo that will do mail order (I assume there would be) but if you are so set on a particular model, I think you might have better luck doing it that way.

To the OP I would advise BYO. Only seen absolute crap boards and other equip for hire and it is always very poorly looked after. Sure, if you had time in Tokyo you could buy something good but I wouldn't rely on hiring whatever you do.

they've got the skate banana at my local shop (well, they had last time I looked). I'm pretty sure I'll be going up to Hakuba the weekend before and could drop it off, or ship it to you.

what size are you looking for?

(get your posts up to 10 or so and then you'll be allowed to pm me)

I went for a walk around Jimbocho yesterday, totally blew me away!! there was sooo much to choose from, it kinda overwhelmed me!! Just shows how much I don't know about the ins and outs of buying the right board, bindings etc etc!! I only went for a look and had to keep a tight reign on the wallet, I had to buy something though, so settled for a new hat and a grip pad (which I needed anyway as mines fell off last year!)

\:D

Thanks Kumapix, damn that was quick.

I'm pretty set on the skate banana. I will be bringing my own junk board, but wanted something a little more jibby and could still throw around in the powder. I rode a 156 at Mt Hotham this year, and it was just so much fun, but yeah they all sold out in Aust too.

I found out LibTech are making more bananas as we speak, including a possible TRS banana.

After seeing the "noboard" this looks like a lot of fun. perhaps something to improve the skills. I know I definitely rely on my equipment too much.

Hey Fattwins are you the same fattwins on ski.com.au?

Thanks fattwins. Maybe my best option is to order online from US and A.

I just got ripped off by some guy on ebay for $200... hence the hesitancy to buy online.

Anyone recommend any reputable online stores that don't charge a fortune for international shipping?