Originally Posted By: I like Niseko AND Hakuba
Do you guys who go to Kagura much think it compares well with places like Niseko and Hakuba?

I don't rate it, been about 6 times and didn't find that much to go wild about.

TBH I prefer Hakuba to Kagura. More variety there and plenty more that I've never even seen! Niseko I can't compare to as I haven't been (first trip in January). But Kagura's big plus point is that it is conveniently located. Heading up to Hakuba from Tokyo is a major undertaking, Kagura is much more manageable. And when the snow's right, there is plenty of fun to be had at Kagura!
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Kingofmyrrh
 Originally Posted By: I like Niseko AND Hakuba
Do you guys who go to Kagura much think it compares well with places like Niseko and Hakuba?

I don't rate it, been about 6 times and didn't find that much to go wild about.

TBH I prefer Hakuba to Kagura. More variety there and plenty more that I've never even seen! Niseko I can't compare to as I haven't been (first trip in January). But Kagura's big plus point is that it is conveniently located. Heading up to Hakuba from Tokyo is a major undertaking, Kagura is much more manageable. And when the snow's right, there is plenty of fun to be had at Kagura!

I feel the same way. Kagura for day trips, I don't venture to Hakuba unless I am skiing for at least 2 days. I did 2, 1 day trips to Happo last year and they were F'n brutal.

There is plenty of good stuff at Kagura for a day trip. However, if you don't hike and you spend more than one day at Kagura I can see getting board with it. Last year I went from Mitsumata to Naeba and back in one day, it felt like I hit every run on all three resorts in only one day.

I could spend a season in Hakuba and not do all the stuff I want to
  • SnowJapan Admin

I'll tell him to look out for you.

I was planning on Kagura but I need to go to Nozawa to meet a few people for a short while, so Nozawa it is!

Looks like it will be fine weather tomorrow.

Have a good time.

And my photos of the day.

It seems that the avie awarenesses of people hiking up kagura has gone up this season. This was a group of about 20 people doing beacon search and rescue scenarios at the base of #5 romance lift. thumbsup.gif

tsondaboy_129.JPG

And my line of the day after a 15 mins hike.

tsondaboy_130.JPG

• 4 weeks later...