I find snow-forecast generally totally under estimates how much snow will fall, well at least here in Niseko.

The best site for forecasts in Japan is

Japan Meteorological Agency

You can go to the seasonal forecasts section for longer term outlooks.

I also use the following

Medium Range Forecasts for East Asia

The JMA's good, but my particular favourite is:

http://www.weathernews.jp

Lots of nice graphics and webcams, earthquake intensity maps and seasonal stuff like coverage of the Koyo (falling leaves), ski & boarding reports and the sakura (cherry blossom) front come spring time.

It is all in Japanese, which sometimes makes identifying the precise locations a bit tricky, but good kanji practice all the same.

Don't worry it is going to dump this year big time and very soon too. Like I said back in the summer of this year this winter is going to be a good one, I am still saying that. Even Tokyo and surrounding areas will get dumped on this year.

By January there will be more snow than you know what to do with it.

Never mind how I come to my conclusions, lol, you just wait and see if my conclusions are correct, I think that is the most important thing isn't it.

Let's just say though my way has more to do with nature than science....

I've been an avid skier for all my life. I joined the ski-fanatic discussions when I was a kid. Ever since then I have noticed that right around football season/fall/halloween, the skiers start poking their heads out of their holes with comments like; "I heard this is going to be a sick winter." or "this winter is supposed to be huge."

I just don't listen anymore. Although, I completely admit to having spoken them words on many occasion myself.

we'll see when it gets here, after it's here and how long it stays here without rain. I'll tell you in march.