• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By my reckoning, I would prefer to live in Hokkaido if I were to live in Japan. Sapporo just has so much personality. And the countryside has so much variety. Some of the best seafood anywhere.

But right now, I've got more hectic things to do here.

Whoo!

There was some fresh snowfall up high in the Southwest and in central Hokkaido last night - go check out the Asahidake webcam and the Hokkaido traffic cameras in the links in previous posts.

Hope this is the start of something that will continue from here on out, rather than just a small drop.

Ezorisu I wouldn't get too excited yet. This weekend some rain will move in and it will be mild with snow only on the higher peaks. At this stage it's starting to look good for later next week for the first decent snowfalls to low levels.

Looking at the following forecast chart there is a lot of cold air moving out of Asia. Of course it's a fair way out and things may change but looking good currently grin.gif

ea4.144hr.png

Markie - still in hope more than expectation, but it'll become clearer early next week exactly what will happen. No updates to Now Reports so far - but the webcams show that various parts of Hokkaido have had snow over the past 24 hours