American football & cheerleaders

we have an american football team and cheerleaders at my HS here. Have 4 cheerleaders in my H.R. Theyre some genki girls!! Theyre also really good. A teacher at our school was ranked #1 when she was in college I heard...not that I understand how you rank a cheerleader.

In Uni I had friends at UGA who were male cheerleaders. They were more into gymnastics but didnt get a scholarship for gymnastics; but got one for cheerleading - yup, you can get a scholarship for that in the states too... I would do it just to look up but I dont have the muscle strength.

I hate the NFL but really love college football \:\)

Originally Posted By: -20.7
Wonder why lots of other sports don't have them.....

I've seen the cheer squad turn out for some collegiate-level basketball and volleyball games.

Race Queens are almost like cheerleaders - at least when it comes to eye-candy...
 Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
most the blokes at my Uni were former gymnists and built like an ox, super flexible, and were forced to look up their skirts all day. Tough life me thinks ;\)

hahaha, yeah thats true!! Reminds me of a mate of mine, he wasn't really into any sports and stuff, but is into drama and that kind. So at school he used to get a bit of a ragging about it, but it wasn't until a few years ago that I realised that these drama groups are always predominately women!! i really missed the boat when I went to football traininng to get dirty and hang out with a bunch of sweaty men, he was reaping the rewards of being one of the minority males in amongst loads girls!!! Gotta give him credit!

they hold up the girls so they can do all sorts of acrobatic feats. some of the blokes also do flips and stuff, but i would think hat the majority of sporting spectators are men and are watching the female cheerleaders.

there's a terrible teen movie about cheerleaders, called "bring it on"

• 2 weeks later...
 Originally Posted By: Heather Locklear Rocks
They really need to make cricket more interesting though....

Do we have cricket fans on here?

I used to love playing with my mates when I was younger on the field in the summer evenings but have always found watching it totally mind-numbingly tedious.

Yes. Love playing and watching. Can sit through every ball of a 5 day test. Happy as a pig in mud thumbsup.gif