some more photos FT on the Aoni ride.

For those not in the know, Aoni is part of Hakuba but on the other side of the valley to the big ski moutains.

Very nice area, with great views of the Northern Alps.

n689491728_371818_5368.jpg

n689491728_371819_5627.jpg n689491728_371820_5867.jpg n689491728_371822_6380.jpg

n689491728_371823_6649.jpg

stemik said a coupla posts up

"some more photos FT on the Aoni ride.

For those not in the know, Aoni is part of Hakuba but on the other side of the valley to the big ski moutains.

Very nice area, with great views of the Northern Alps."

Do you just look at the pics? tempting as it may be.

Heh hey, you made it out there. That's a great course. Nice pics.

Take a saw next time and clear up the ascent.

Aoni itself is one of the few protected historic areas in Nagano.

The best known are Tsumago and Magome, but there's other I know of at Un-nojuku near Saka. Like Tsumago, that one's basically one long street. There's a renovated old house you can go inside at Aoni, but its closed in winter. Like the other houses in the little village there, its tin on thatch.

The oldest surviving farmhouse in Nagano is open year round at the Miasa crossing, less than ten minutes from Hakuba. That ones still thatched. Take a warm coat because its colder inside than out.

Fattwins, I'll probably be taking CB's Salomons up to Furano this Christmas so I won't need those Volkls but thanks.

CB, remember next year I will be free as bird so it will be easy to hook up wherever you like.

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Would love to mate but I am totally broke!! Surviving day to day on the lovely 100 yen cup noodles!!! \:D

Hey TB Stop wasting your money on beer..priorities
n689491728_346192_4547.jpg

early morning ride