dizzy, i filled in those forms, and it came back with "registered". do you need to do anything more after that? whats the need for a login etc, are you supposed to log in and do something more, or is registration enough?

yes, first register. if you've registered in past years, it may work. i just make a new ID.

Then you have to go and register for the drawing. a season's pass to 49 resorts in nagano. new this year is that if you have children, you can also register their names and ages (up to three children). but it prolly doesn't affect the outcome.

if you win, you pay 30,000 yen and get the pass. ID check after the drawing was strict when i won. so if you're thinking of having a better chance at winning by registering all of your students' cousin's and landlord's name, and then sending in your picture, that won't work.

let's finger crossing

i dont follow. i registered (incidently it doesnt even send an email to confirm the registration). but after registering, then logging in, the only options i seem to get are to cancel my regitration, or modify the details. does that mean ive registered for the draw, or not? where else can i go to register for the draw? excuse, but im translating all this with google, i cant read kanji at all.

Originally Posted By: dizzy
yes, first register. (as in make an ID and password)
Then you have to go and "register for the drawing".

hate you burst your bubble, but how are you going to pay 3K to the nagano board of tourism if you win? they only except (japanese) bank transfers, and the deadline to pay is extremely short--2 or 3 business days from notification. if you have a japanese bank account, then no problem though

theres no bubble bursting. bank transfer. whatever, whichever, its not an issue.

"go and register for the drawing" dizzy i know you can read kanji, so if your not willing to really say what really needs to happen its cool, ill ask someone else.

there are a white "register for this site" box on the left and a bluish "once you've registered at this site, register for the drawing" box on the right. registration screens are different

maybe get someone who reads japanese around you to help.

No, Fattwins!!!!! you shouldn't tell him he has zero chance of winning!!!

He seems to a) have a Japanese bank account in Japan, B) a Japanese mailing address, c) a Japanese driver's license, gainjin Card, or some other ID, and d) a way to send the info back to Nagano BOT w/in 3 days, if his name is drawn. Never heard of a foreigner winning this anyway.

it's not ryan. he already asked about it on facebook.

• 4 weeks later...