• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
 Originally Posted By: 66jzmstr
 Originally Posted By: thursday
how would you spell colour?

The correct way. Would you like me to help you?

wave.gif clap.gif

the dumbed down version? ;\)

Yeah, superfluous letters confuse us and we don't go shopping at 'shoppes'! lol.gif

(Now quit ripping on my countrymen - because it's way too easy and I might just join in! lol.gif )

wave.gif clap.gif

Yeah, superfluous letters confuse us and we don't go shopping at 'shoppes'! lol.gif

(Now quit ripping on my countrymen - because it's way too easy and I might just join in! lol.gif )

no, we'll just drop bombs on you

KABOOOOOOOM!! crazy.gif
 Originally Posted By: Creek Boy

wave.gif clap.gif

no, we'll just drop bombs on you

KABOOOOOOOM!! crazy.gif

would that just be "boms" in American? ;\)
Dude, Americans are so fat, those bombs won't hurt us.

(Although my wife said Aussies actually beat out us Yanks for futotteru-ness when she led a group of chuugakusei to Adelaide. ) wakaranai.gif

In my experience of Oz, you don't really wanna base your views of Ozzies on people from Adelaide.....no offence to Adelaidians shifty.gif

Ex-ALT, ex-GEOS,

"Pet gaijin" at an eye clinic.

Copy edit research papers and stuff from universities that have connections with the clinic owner, teach English to clinic staff. Doing masters in teaching (primary) to move to international school in a few years.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the place, it had a real homey feel to it. But for a big city it had loads of bumpkins!! Guys with mullets and Holden caps, driving beat up Utes. Always thought there was an essence of trouble in the air as well. There were some interesting people in Adelaide. I think Adelaide suffers from what my home town also suffers by and that is being overshadowed by the other bigger cities such as Sydney and Melbourne. Adelaide is a down to earth, rough and ready place. I just meant that there is a larger spectrum of people in other places that may give you a better picture of Aussies than just from one place.

Like I said Indo, no offence meant, please don't hunt me down and kick in my face, I don't have a metal helmet yet!! \:D

hahaha, thats so true!! My aunty lives in Elizabeth, but we'd regularly head into the city and down to Glenelg for drinking. I have some other family in the outer suburbs as well, down near the beach, can't quite remember the name though. Like I said I liked Adelaide, its a beautifully set out city, with the parks around the CBD. It just suffers from being the "poor cousin" to Melbourne and Sydney

My wife and I just opened our first cafe/ukulele/Hawaiian goods shop in Sendai. It took a lot of work to design it with Hawaiian materials (lots and lots of koa wood) but its a very authentic Hawaiian shop. I'm the chef, ukulele salesmen and consultant, foreign buyer, PR man.......I forgot how much work is involved with running your own biz. Good fun though.

Any ukulele players in the Tohoku area can check us out at the Sendai Ukulele Festival on Sept 23. We're co-sponsoring it and will have a table set up.