Anyone seen this tv series? Any good?

Over summer I spent a few days in Wales and we visited Portmerion - the strange little village (you have to pay to get into) where that series was filmed along with a fair few other tv/movies I believe. It really was a strange little place. Fairly pretty, supposedly Italian style, down by the sea. I couldn't see why we were paying so much to see it (other than remembering we were in the UK!) but I am interested in seeing the tv series.

It's a "private village", a tourist attraction. So of course it costs seven quid to get in. The buildings in there are either souvenir shops or hotel rooms (the main hotel is down by the water). Curious place it is.

• 4 months later...

Great TV series that! Some of the episodes are borderline psychadelic (if you can imagine anything "UK grey" being psychadelic).

I watched it religiously in "my younger days" - it warped my fragile little mind!

I liked the first few, I thought the last 5 or 6 were a drop in quality. The last one was just a bit too weird for my liking.

Apparently ITV are doing some sort of re-make.

• 11 months later...

Both are football teams in the Welsh League, because they have funny names me and my mate at home have taken to following their scores and betting on them. He likes Porthmadog and I like the Newi Cefn Druids!!

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

OK so last night I saw the first episode of the remade The Prisoner last night.

Fairly interesting though never going to have the magic of the original - which by the way will also be starting on Super Channel from tomorrow (or is it Saturday, can't rememeber)