1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Was having a fun conversation with some friends last night. Out of seven of us, four had punched or hit someone in anger. I was quite surprised. I am one of the four who hadn't.

So I thought a poll was in order. Perhaps for the boys as they are usually the punchers (so research says).

Ever punched or hit anyone in anger?

I'll share my worst experience hitting somebody:

It was late late November of 1994, my first year in Uni, and our Xcountry season had just finished up and we were having a team party. We started drinking fishbowl margaritas at Lulu's around 4 or 5. We were all feeling good at this point and headed over to Mexicali restaurant; continued drinking pitchers of margaritas, now starting to get drunk but food in the stomach helped quite a bit. Yadda yadda yadda, we finish up and head over to the Georgia Theater for 80's night and lots more drinking and dancing. To make a long story short, I walked up to the bar and ordered some beers for me and a teammate I liked. Now, before continuing, I should tell you that I had really long hair in college pulled back in a ponytail, ummm, think Steven Stegall (sp?), and I had both my ears pierced too. So, while waiting for the beers I hear somebody say: (approx. what happened and said)

guy: hey man, whats up?

me: just celebrating with my teammates - not thinking much of a dude talking to me

guy: yeah? why?

me: crosscountry season just finished.

guy: oh, youre an athlete?

me: yup

guy: must be "hard" work. lots of running and "sweating"

me: yeah, 2 practices/day

guy: you dont get hot running with your long hair?

me: a bit, but having it shaved on the sides/back helps.

guy: Id love to feel your long hair between my legs.

me: WHAT?

guy: I said Id love to feel your long hair between my legs

me: KABOOOM! Punched him right in his nose and laid him out on the floor.

Had to leave pretty quickly... \:o

It sucked hitting somebody and I regretted it. Actually took some time to get over that incident. It was the first time I was hit on by a gay guy and didnt handle it very well, obviously. Shitty experience and wish I dealt with it differently. One of life's lessons.

*NB

I had people hit me/fight me in Hawaii and GA just for being white. I go outta my way to avoid a fight - Im a lover, not a fighter \:\)

i ain't been in a fight since school...

and i'm not really sure why blokes hit gays guys hitting on em. if you're not interested, just tell em so and walk away. it's not like girls hit every bloke they're not interested in

i avoid confrontation. but that's probably also got somethig to do with the fact that i'm a pretty slight guy

The last time I was in a fist fight was with one of my best mates!!!

we were in a pub, had been there all day and into the night now, was propped at the bar telling the story of how I came to be arrested one night, to an old friend who happens to now be a policeman. Me and my mate then got into an arguement about who did what in the course of the arrested story, started slagging each other, I couldn't take it and took him outside where we rolled around on the pavement trading blows until our mates pulled us apart. I was pretty mad that I had lost it and even more embarrassed that it was with one of my best mates, but we made up pretty much 2 mins later. Although the bouncer wouldn't let us back into the pub!!

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
........ Although the bouncer wouldn't let us back into the pub!!
lol.gif

I don't fight.... Actually though, one time I was riding my bike home from work and this big guy and his skinny friend came up to me and grabbed me. The big guy said "Do you want to punch me?" His skinny friend laughed kind of nervously. I said "Ummm. Not particularely, no." He let me go and kicked my bike. wakaranai.gif

TBH Ger i don't fight either, in fact I hate it. Totally ruins the night when there is some aggro. Probably only ever been in 4 actual punch ups my whole life, I'd much rather back away from them.

2 fights between me and 2 different friends (inc. the one above)

1 when I got arrested, but that was me defending myself (quite a long story)

and 1 on an end of season Football Night out, involving the whole football team against the locals, it really was a wild west like punch up!!

Great thread!!

*warning,

this could be really long.

I had a few fights when growing up in elementary and junior high in MN, but they were just neighorhood scraps with other kids. You know the typical- "There's a fight at the park afterschool."

I moved to east bay, california, pleasanton, when I was a junior in HS. 17. Maybe the first week of school, I heard one of those- "There's gonna be a fight after school, you going?"

"Sure." (I like watchings kids punch it out.)

When my caravan got to the park, there were cars parked everywhere and like 100 people in the field as kids from my school were gathering at the other end. Nothing special... just groups gathering.

Then one guy slowly starts approching my group with his shirt off. then one guy from our group starts rushing him all agro. Then my bro yells; "**** him up!." And I watched these two guys just bust out into a fist fight.

And when my jaw dropped at how hard these guys were hitting each other, I realized the entire other school was rushing us. Then I watched everybody bust into group fights. 5 on 3, 6 on 4, or whatever.

I turned and saw a semi-friend (rob) with four people on him. He was holding one of them by the throat, and bashing his face in. the other three guys were punching him all over. He finally dropped the guy he was holding by the throat, and then grabbed the next guy by the throat and two smacks later, he dropped him on the ground. Then he grabbed, by the throat, one of the last two guys who were pounding on him and dropped him in a few punches. then- two full smacks dropped the fourth guy. It was fricking insane. He didn't budge from four guys punching him all over his body. He basically just went through the process of dropping four guys.

After he dropped them, he ran into the crowd to continue his rampage and I ran to the parking lot.

Whenever I think of punching or fights, that field just goes off in my head. That was completely nuts.

tubby beaver, I also had a couple of run-ins with friends when I was younger. But even through my twenties, I had friends that I could quite easily imagine browling with... then walking in to the bar and laughing afterwords.

My dad threw a guy through the trophy case in high school. I think that's funny.

I try and keep mine in the ring. Though I've had to throw a few in defense.

Although even in the ring, usually I have nothing against my competition besides wanting to beat them.. But 3 kicks to the nads in 2 mins can change that, becomes personal. So I low kicked him, and dropped him (no low kicks allowed) oops, must have been the pain I was in.. Nothing like seeing a prick on the canvas in agony who deserves it.

CB, that's classic! Though extreme! I guess you must have been pretty off tap at the time though..

Indo, I was hammered...thats why I actually wonder if I heard what he said. One of life's lessons eh. I'm not proud of that but thought I could point out how we sometimes have to go through bad experiences to learn something positive. My dad was military and you know how the military views gays...that just rubbed off on me at that time; now, my dad and I hardly ever see eye to eye on anything lol.gif

Ben Harper says in a song:

my choice is what i choose to do

and if i'm causing no harm

it shouldn't bother you

your choice is who you choose to be

and if your causin' no harm

then you're alright with me

I almost did the other day. I was pushing the buggy down the street, quite near to the wall and this 40/50-something J-woman came out from an entrance and tried to push the buggy out of the way and get between the buggy and the wall. Mini Me Tarzan sits quite high up in his buggy so she didn't push the actual buggy she grabbed mini me tarzan's leg and tried to push him out of the way! I felt like I was watching it in slow motion and after she had practically climbed over the MMT, I turned the buggy around (almost over-turning it and doing more damage to MMT in the process!) and I grabbed her wrist and started screaming at her that he was a baby and she couldn't do that. Quite a few people were looking at us and all she was saying was "dangerous, dangerous". I had to tell her to apologise which she did eventually so I let her go. I was shaking for ages after that. Maternal instinct?!

Haven't heard of that but just did a google. Seems pretty full on eh?? Do you wear protective gear all the time, even in comps etc?

i did Karate for a little while (wasn't even long enough to get out of my white belt) before I left Japan the last time I was here. I really liked it, can't remember the style, but there was no kata's or shit like that. The sensei said that he preferred taking things from many different disciplines. We would go through the particular moves he was teaching us, speeding up as we did each routine. Then we would have controlled sparring, where we would only do the particular routine that was being taught, then we would put on the full body gear, helmet and all and have full on sparring. It was pretty cool. It was only my mates and I who used to go and 1 of them would take a video camera and we'd take turns at filming when we weren't fighting. It was really cool to watch back and see everyone fighting each other. My feet would be like pulp the next day though.

Yep, it's full on and we wear the protective gear in training and comps.

It's taken a toll on me with constant injuries, I currently have a farged ligament in my wrist and have 3dan grading this week. (don't tell my opposition!)

I really want to give kick boxing a shot as I think I'd do well. And a head is alot sofetr to hit than a frikking helmet with steel bars! (try kicking one too!)

I've had my fair share of fights as a kid and hardly any since.

The last one was years ago when I lived in Toronto Canada. (Ger will love this). I was walking back from a beer hall ,The Brunswick???. I was full of it. Some Indian (native) guys were hanging out on the street.The rest went something like this.

Indian dude-" What the Fark are you looking at white boy"

Me- "Fark you"

Indian dude- "It's a good day to die"

Me- Smack ! Right in the nose.

Indian dudes (2 now)- Bang bang bang.

I managed to block most of them with my face. When I was down on the ground they put the boot in. Bastards! Some dudes in suits broke it al up and my girlfriend took me home to nurse my wounds.