Well looks like we might have our first day over 30 degrees this summer in Kutchan tomorrow. May even get a couple of days in a row! Now I know for all you guys down south this is hardly uncommon but up here we'll really struggle with it that hot (especially as most of us don't have AC in Hokkaido).

its been hotter than Scarlett Johansson in her sussies lying in your bed down here. Yesterday was apparently the hottest day of the year, got to 36. Today was hot as well, I spent most of it half sleeping at the beach, great!!

Well we got to 30.3 today and tomorrow they are forecasting 32 which will be one of the hottest days I've ever had here. I was so pizzed off that I had to work today as it would have been very nice at the beach...

Everyone is telling me it's hot here in Hakuba but for me I think it is perfect summer days. Swimming in Lake Aokiko is awesome looking up at the ski runs. Crank the barbie and crack a beer. I feel like I'm back in Oz.

Yesterday was 36C. In Perth that would be OK, but as always, it's the humidity that's the killer. Five minutes out of the aircon, and I'm soaked in sweat. Go back in, I'm wet and freezing. I couldn't get my body temperature right.

The difference is the humidity here though. Unless of course you live near to Queensland, which is hot and humid!!

i don't actually mind the heat, I enjoyed a whole year of perpetual summer when I was in Oz, but its the humidity that kills over here. Yesterday I was visiting in-laws down in Shizuoka, my girlfriend's nephew is only 1 month old!! But needless to say it was HOT down there!

I don't actually mind as I'm off all through august so can just hang at the beach and take a dip to cool off. But if I was working....that'd be a different story! Yesterday tried to have a kick around with a football, but my gf lasted only 10 mins, it was so hot. Ended up find a beer shop and drinking outside it all afternoon....great!