Are there any decent water parks that anyone knows about in the Tokyo area? I know that Oiso long Beach has 1 or 2 slides but don't think it counts as a water park.

Oiso long beach only has two slides. It has a pretty nice 300 long pool with a current running anticlockwise around it. The lifeguards shout at you if you go against the current, even if there is a typhoon and you are the only people in the pool!

It also has a wave pool (more like ripples), one deep and one shallow 25m outdoor, an indoor 50m, an indoor 25m, 2 kids outdoor pools, an outdoor jacuzzi (very crowded - made me laugh when I saw it) and a diving pool.

Oiso is 5500 a day but if you go into the hotel and buy a ticket at the guest info desk they think you are staying at the hotel. Then it only costs 2700. Sneaky!

I posted that pic Muica is talking about. It was Tokyo Summerland. I'll try to find it.

Here it is.

pools_350x446.jpg

although dubai looks like hell on earth to me, some friendswent there en-route to europe and had a good time. they hit this water park

http://www.wildwadi.com/

supposedly some of the rides blast you uphill, then you slide down, so no walking required.

the flowrider was pretty overated though - just a current rushing around, and kinda lame

Still if you go in Obon, it'd probably be the same.

I don't understand why people even go to places when they know it will be like that. Maybe lining up is the attraction. I'd be scared that I'd lose my kids!

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
did u take him home with you? ;\)

No, but he was pretty cute. He was only about two and all he could say was "Mama ga inai" (Mummy's not here).
  • 4 weeks later...