• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a great stage for Aussies but Rogers was looking the goods. How was the guy that went over the edge with him? Fooork! Lucky that wasn't a massive drop off.

Cadel is up there but didn't have the legs today. Hopefully he does some damage in the Pyrenees as his time trialling isn't really up to the high standards needed to win..

To see him climbing back up the hill unassisted was the most surprising bit.

Simon Gerrans is still in the tour, 70th in the GC. Not a contender, in one of the Frech teams. He and Cadell Evans are the only Aussies left.

My ugly dog avatar is back! :-)

I tried to watch stage 9 on the internet via Serbian TV, gave up in the end. Quality was just too bad.

Looks like a German rider got caught for doping and german TVs pulled the plug on the tour coverage as a result... He was caught in the off-season (that's when they usually do it apparently, they then let the chemicals fade away before the season starts).

Sad, but also good news that they are getting tougher & tougher.

Keep it going!

i saw the guy crash into the dog the other night.

did he get back up and finish the section? i would be farken pissed if all my hard work and training came undone because some gimp couldn't keep his dog on a leash

Yep spook, he finished.. and the dog was fine..

I just tried to watch the live version in J go or French, but without out Phill and paul it just wasn't the same.. I'll wait for highlights tomorrow..

Turns out the cycling federation was trying to test Rasmussen during the off-season just to make sure he was not up to one of the usual tricks used by other riders. The dude was nowhere to be found the entire off-season and never replied to letters nor returned calls to arrange a meeting w/ the anti doping authority. He then said that it was a clerical mistake and that he did not get the mail due to slowness (the whole season !) in the Italian postal service since he was apparently in Italy at the time. Yeah , blame it on the postal service and the italians.... Do I smell a rat or what? Shame shame...

seems strange eh.. missed 4 tests, miss 3 from the same org and you get a guilty result.

Anyway, hopefully Cadel will strip him of his yellow in the next few days but I think the man to look out for is Vino. 54 stitches in both knees and 1 elbow.. he's down but not out yet.

Originally Posted By: Indo
seems strange eh.. missed 4 tests, miss 3 from the same org and you get a guilty result.
Anyway, hopefully Cadel will strip him of his yellow in the next few days but I think the man to look out for is Vino. 54 stitches in both knees and 1 elbow.. he's down but not out yet.

He is now.
looks like we get another danish winner 11 years after Ris. I wonder if Rasmussen will fess up later?

Good news eh, TT win 34 min blow out the next day, back to a win in the Pyrenees yesterday, That was probably "helped" as well.

I Hope Contador can break Ramussen. He looks stronger. And Cadel has to step up to the plate.

I'm willing Cadel on, but he has to put in some of the effort too. Can he get caught for heart-doping, if someone injected a bit of ticker into him on the rest day?

Vino now. Oh well not really a suprise really. If only the clean riders were in, then they would not have enough competitors. They have to be on something. I have seen them climb in real life during the tour de france on some of the mountain roads I used to climb on my bike as a kid. Out of this world. I always thought: impossible, no way in hell !!! Still great fun to watch though.

Glad they are still catching peeps and taking no prisoners and no sacred cows! c'mon, let's get all the filth out.