How many posts per day on average do you make?

Do you like this poll?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Ooh, on average, on all online forums I browse, about 2 per day I guess.

On this online forum, about 0.0001 per day.

Oh, and what a poor poll btw.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in this forum,

today is 12 May 2008

started here 24 Nov 2007

total posts 218

No of days 170

post/day 1.28

Just did the math (with assistance from Excel) and for the 4 snow related fora I inhabit, I have an average of 0.68 posts per day.

just out of interest who knows excel really well here- do you use it often if so - I really fell like I should know it better - Do you think there will ever be another "excel" and those of us who have missed the boat with this one can wait to start from scratch with another program ?

boardbaka,

As a (very casual) teacher of IT at TAFE (that's the Department of Technical And Further Education - ie post school, but not university) I have a fair working knowledge of excel, word, access and powerpoint.

Will there ever be another? I doubt it, unless Macrohard gets too greedy and the whole company dies. In that case, someone will rescue the individual components and develop them further. The MS Office suite is probably the most pervasive software in business. Even the alternatives, like Open Office and Compare Office, trumpet their 'compatability with' MS Office. Ie they can read and write MS files, but generally do not default to.

You have not "missed the boat". Just need to get off yer backside and start learning. There are a heap of introductory courses available, some online, some on CD, some at school/college/TAFE etc. OTOH, you could get a tutor and have one-on-one lessons. (I'm up for that if you're prepared to pay the airfares ;\)) - and only if you want lessons during the snow season!

I decided to learn more about Excel last year after I realised that I knew a tiny part of it and wanted to know more. I bought a book and went through that and it really helped me. I know much more now. Just need to dedicate the time to it which can be a problem!

• 3 weeks later...

There was a day in the last week where I reckon I must have spent a couple of hours playing with this forum, but didn't make that many posts. It scared me a little! I don't think posts per day really gives a feeling of how much impact playing on forums et all really makes. Hence this poll.

I don't want an average hours per day but an average per session! I'm sure that some of us have the odd day where we don't touch forums or maybe even a computer!

Yeah, I didn't word that very well, then discovered I couldn't edit the poll.

What I really meant was a little more complex. What I should have said was something like "on the days you do play with forums, how many hours do you use"...

Are there people around who don't get on to see what's happening every day? wakaranai

What do they DO all day?

• 3 weeks later...