The FOOTBALL Thread (2007-2008)

Manchester la la la

Manchester la la la

Manchester la la la

Manchester la la la

6:0 against Shenzhen last night in Macau.

What an exhibition of football. What an exhibition of men playing football against boys.

Liverpool tonight against SCAA (South China Athletic Association) the best in town but truly crap in terms of football of any description.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Liverpool last night, didn't go either cos of my dislike of exhibition matches:

"Liverpool coach Rafael Benitez was left frustrated last night after red tape and an injury to Steven Gerrard forced him to field a makeshift side in an unimpressive 3-1 win over South China.

New strikers Fernando Torres and Ryan Babel were both refused international clearance for the Asia Trophy match while England star Gerrard was ruled out with an unspecified injury."

What a shame. Who do you "support" anytway, thursday?

I see Newcastle United are playing silly buggers again, though I suppose Chairman ain't that important from a footie point of view.

"Freddy Shepherd has been replaced as Newcastle United chairman by his deputy Chris Mort."

I liked they said how its all designed around the Kop, as though the Kop is like the conductor of the orchestra. Was pleased with that one.

My uncle is from Liverpool and has a season ticket at Anfield - I sometimes get to use it. Seems the response on the new stadium is generally very positive. At least more people will get to see the games.

The Emirates stadium is well impressive. I don't like the look of Liverpool's new ground, I think its a mistake not making it an all in one enclosed stadium, maybe the corners are where they could add extra seats to increase the capacity.

I see ManU had a 3-0 win over Guangzhou Pharmaceutical. What a great name for a team! It's right up there with Hamilton Academicals.

I'm surprised we don't see more sponsorship by drug companies of sports teams. They'd get a free line to the products. It would be ideal for doing R&D. And when Equipe Bayer beat Team LaRoche in the Tour de France it would be a great endorsement for their range of performance enhancers.

Originally Posted By: soubriquet
I see ManU had a 3-0 win over Guangzhou Pharmaceutical. What a great name for a team! It's right up there with Hamilton Academicals.

I'm surprised we don't see more sponsorship by drug companies of sports teams. They'd get a free line to the products. It would be ideal for doing R&D. And when Equipe Bayer beat Team LaRoche in the Tour de France it would be a great endorsement for their range of performance enhancers.

There is a team in the Highland League in Scotland called Forres Mechanics....quality!

Wolvehampton Wanderers

Charlton Athletic

West Bromwich Albion

In the south there's a town called Loose. The good ladies of Loose have a club they go to each week for social acivities. It's called The Loose Women's Institute.

Originally Posted By: thursday
Wolvehampton Wanderers
Charlton Athletic
West Bromwich Albion

In the south there's a town called Loose. The good ladies of Loose have a club they go to each week for social acivities. It's called The Loose Women's Institute.

I used to play for a Sunday team called The Bush!!! hehehe, loadsa chants of "getting stuck into the Bush" were heard every Sunday morning!!

lol.gif

I'm trying to get tickets for one of the United home games before I make my way back to Japan. Hopefully by then we'll have got Tevez and Heinze will be on the bench of the reserves.