1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Thought it would be good to have a SJ summer BBQ or something. Some daytime thing so the mini SJers can make their debut too. Got a few polls for you so I can get on with organising something.

HI Slow - I hope to be sailing again soon this summer. I donated my boat to the local sailing club with the condition that I can still use it occasionally - I hope to see how this works out soon!

We just opened a place by the beach here so I'm pretty busy but would love to get out on the water now that its warm enough to swim...

These things are really confusing to organise, even with the funky new polls. I still can't figure out who wants what. Here's a new idea anyway - would people be up for staying in/camping at a hostel on the beach in Chiba? If we made a weekend of it would any non-Kanto people be interested? Forget about the dates for the mo, answer assuming the dates suit you.

What beach are you thinking? There aren`t that many beaches you can camp on "officially" in Chiba, also some restrictions in summer due to nesting trutles from Onjuku down this year should be but not sure yet, however doubt there will be a big number.

Water is great at the moment though, was out in Taito this weekend and it was perfect.

I know a hostel place that has space for tents in the Shida, Torami, Taito area. Any chance you'd be able to make it farquah? Do you know the dates you'll be in Yakushima?

Need more votes clap.gif

Sounds like a good place then Me Jane. Not sure of m schedule yet over summer, I will probably be down in Wakayama and Yakushima most of it but if I am around then will definately pop down as its so close to me.

Farquah ... Tell me more about surfing in the Chiba area. I have surfed a bit at Hebara and have got good waves there quite a few other times. What are the other spots and how far from Tokyo on a Sat morning?

Good idea tsondaboy... what I can help arrange for a very cheap beach BBQ weekend:

Only 60 minutes from Tokyo station. Bunk/futon accommodation for 15 to 18 people is possible at less than 3,000 yen if we can book in advance - and if anyone wants to camp, there is lots of space for tents.

Bodyboards & surfboards - either free or cheap -

If we know how many are interested, we can plan a Costco run and do an-amazing-but-cheap-BBQ...