Would you go in one of those mass nude photo shoots kuma?

It's not about being ashamed of our bodies for me, so much as being grossed out at the thought of having other peoples bits and pieces rubbing up against me during the shoot :shudder: I also don't find the pics particularly attractive anyway wakaranai.gif

I don't have a problem with it, but it just seems a little odd. I'm not sure about the artistic value either. Sure, the first time it was done it was a novel idea and quite striking but now it is just another mass streak....maybe that's the appeal after all.

From wikipedia:

Spooning is the act of two people lying on their sides, with one person's front to the other person's back, such that they fit together in a manner similar to spoons. The person who holds the other is often referred to as the "Big Spoon", while the participant who is held is the "Little Spoon". Spooning has been credited, in at least one instance, as being a life saving form of cuddling: according to Two in a Bed: The Social System of Couple Bed Sharing. by Paul Rosenblatt, professor at the University of Minnesota, "One couple was spooning as they slept when the woman had a seizure with minor movement and the husband woke up immediately and called 9-1-1; this couple felt like the woman might have died had they not been spooning."

Spooning can be done with participants clothed as a non-sexual form of physical intimacy, it can be an act of naked cuddling before or after sex, or it can be used as a sex position: see Spoons sex position. Can also be a form of cuddling

There are also other names for big spoon and little spoon, the big spoon is also known as Pappa spoon and the little spoon can be called baby spoon.

Boredom ??

One of my local beaches has a well known history of Nudity. It's gazetted as a nude beach on some maps. We take the kids up there all the time ( it has some nice waves at times ) The nudies just blend into the scenery, like the seagulls, we hardly notice them. Its funny how you just become blase about it all. One day I was at the waters edge watching the kids play, and I started talking to this young/middle aged women. It actually took me a little while to register that she was completely nude.

I think its pretty weird myself. Sometimes you go down there in the middle of winter and there will be a fat middle aged man, alone, walking down the beach with a woolen jumper on and no pants. \:o

What's going on there?

I'm actually quite shy myself for things like this.

Nudity in public is not for me.

Why is it that often the nude-ees are quite ugly?

I remember when I was young the family went to Cornwall (I think) and came across a nudist beach. Some dudes wearing a hat, shades, T-SHIRT (!) and nowt on undernearth. And yes the 4 people we saw were overweight and not quite suited to looking good naked. Curious indeed. They seemed happy enough though.

erm, the last time i checked onsens were full of naked people. does everyone on here who thinks public nudity is weird avoid onsens?

i always find it interesting to look at naked people in a totally non-sexual way. i find naked bodies interesting in a sexual way too, but i'm talking about all the different shapes and sizes we all come in.

the more nudity the better i reckon. we should all learn to be less hung up on our bodies. if everyone were nude, the world would be much more relaxed.

The mother-in-law stopped unexpectedly by the recently married couple's house. She rang the doorbell and stepped into the house. She saw her daughter-in-law standing naked by the door. "What are you doing?" she asked.

"I'm waiting for my husband to come home from work," the daughter-in-law answered.

"But you're naked!" the mother-in-law exclaimed.

"This is my love dress," the daughter-in-law explained.

"Love dress? But you're naked!"

"My husband loves me to wear this dress! It makes him happy, and it makes me happy. I would appreciate it if you would leave because he will be home from work any minute."

The mother-in-law was tired of all this romantic talk and left. On the way home she thought about the love dress. When she got home she got undressed, showered, put on her best perfume and waited by the front door.

Finally her husband came home. He walked in and saw her standing naked by the door.

"What in the world are you doing?" he asked.

"This is my love dress" she replied.

"Well it needs ironing! What's for supper?"

i like the aesthetic value of his shots. the one he did recently in mexico city looked great.

i prefer photojournalism and travel photgraphy, but i also quite like (some) staged shots. i like spencer tunick, and i almost went to one of his shoots in newcastle, but didn't get organised enough. if you participate i think you get a print.

different strokes for different folks i guess. i think his work is far more interesting than a lot of other photographers out there. walk into any contemporary art space and there'll be some shitty out of focus shots of nothing hanging on the walls, complete with a blurb about how culturally relevant they are. at least he's shooting something. i'm sure there's a message in his pics and some underlying philophy, but i just like them for their aesthetic value and as stand alone shots.

back on topic - i like being nude, not so much in public. but it is a nice sense of freedom. swimming naked is just great.

Originally Posted By: spook
walk into any contemporary art space and there'll be some shitty out of focus shots of nothing hanging on the walls, complete with a blurb about how culturally relevant they are.

lol.gif Yeah, that is crap. Hey, if you like the shots great. I personally neither like nor dislike the shots. I certainly don't see the appeal of participating in one though.