So don't flame me for starting a Niseko thread, ok?

But seriously I remember the talk of there not being an ATM up there and find it rather odd. Has someone gone and made one yet or is it still ATM-less?

The Post office has one they always do.

Also 7/11s that have ATMs are going international or have gone. Must find out the time restrictions but this is a big help. it should to push other stores like Lawsons into doing the same.

is that right FT? So you should be able to use your local card from back home in them if they are for example cirrus? That would make life a little easier. Although, the PO ATMs already offer that.

This season select cards and I mean select cards could be used at the 7/11. As of about 2 weeks ago they went full international I think with plus and cirus cards. Me lodge now has great access to international banking lol.

Sandy has all the details actually. SANDY?

Originally Posted By: thursday
There's an ATM in SeicoMart at the T junction of the main road to Kutchan, bottom of Hirafu.

The ATM in the Seicomart will only accept domestic cards. The ATM in the post office in Kutchan will accept foreign cards. More and more businesses in Hirafu are now accepting credit cards also.

There is a couple of 7/11's down in Kutchan. One in Hirafu is definitely needed. Suposedly the Seicomart here has the highest turnover in Hokkaido during the winter months.

7/11

Japan 11,525 Malaysia 838 Turkey 74

U.S.A. 6,095 Mexico 675 Sweden 73

Taiwan 4,385 Canada 469 Denmark 61

Thailand 3,785 Australia 368 Puerto Rico 14

South Korea 1,421 Singapore 345

China 1,105

(*Beijng 50)

Philippines 287

Norway 105 Total 31,625

Damn J-land has many 7-11s

And amazingly priced alcohol as well, I could not believe how cheap spirits were there (i guess its all over Japan as well) things like Southern Comfort and Jim Beam were cheaper than I can get it Duty Free here in Oz. No point buying Duty Free drinks on the way to Japan.