Kyodai usagis... burgers now

So those huge rabbits were in the news the other day but is seems the delightful new kyodai-burger that you can get at McDonalds with a mouthwatering 4 pieces of, er, "meat" (100% no less) is in the news.

Anyone tried one?

From Gaishoku Nippo 18th Jan

Japan McDonald’s launched ‘Mega Mac on 12th and sold 3.32 million units of this particular product in four days. This is nearly double their expected sales.

(rough calculations = about 150 TONNES of 'beef' that have been sold in this burger alone - in only 4 days..)

I see a lot of people trying it just because it's new in Japan (I did too). But I'm not sure how many will buy again. So I doubt the initial pace of consumption will continue.

I like how the marketing campaign has done a complete 180 from the recent salad-healthy image they've been promoting lol.gif

Thats alot of beef devoured in four days longboardsk8man. Would that much beef ever be consumed in Oz over any 4 day period? I trust you can come up with an answer seeing as though you came up with that initial stat

• 2 weeks later...

yep, tried it and not much to rave about, other than being hard to get your mouth around. I'd take MOS any day over Maccas. They have actually had to limit sales of the megamac each day because of the high demand.

Spicy Mos cheese is good.

I don't need to eat a Mega Mac to know exactly what it is like. That's because the ads tell me:

Big Makku no ano oishisa sara ni POWER UPP!!!!!

4 BEEF PATTIES!!!!

Tengoku no hamburger desu!

NOW you know!

Is that how the advertise it gg? lol.gif

Tengoku no hamburger. Right.

The best hamburget I have ever had was in a place in Blackpool. It was awesome. Good thick meat, well done, salad, hot sauces. Just thinking about it makes me want to go back to Blackpool, and that's saying something.

• 2 weeks later...

No trip to Japan is complete without a traditional Mega Mac and fries. We got drunk one night and succumbed to the lure of the Mac.

Why is is I feel that however big they make one of those things I would still be hungry after scoffing it.

• 1 year later...