I was in a restaurant last night and they were selling something called "kodomo no biiru" (childrens beer?). For small kids apparently. Non alcoholic (of course!)

The catchline on the poster said "chotto dake otona no kimochi".

Whats the deal with that, anyone know. It is supposed to tastes to whatever extent like beer or something? It seems a curious kind of product to be encouraging small kids to drink.

Suntory should get with it and come out with non-alcoholic whiskey for toddlers. Something pungent that could be mixed with soda, served on the rocks or straight up. Even better--remove the nicotine from tobacco and put ampanman on the box.

Its not like Japan has a monopoly on alcoholic look-alike drinks for kids.

I drank Martinelli's sparkling cider on special occasions like Christmas and Easter as a kid in the states.

Wait, I'm starting to get the shakes. . . . Ahhhhhhhh much better. What was I saying?

>Suntory should get with it and come out with non-alcoholic whiskey for toddlers. Something pungent that could be mixed with soda, served on the rocks or straight up. Even better--remove the nicotine from tobacco and put ampanman on the box.

lol.gif lol.gif thanks ger - that's a very funny post. The mental image of ampanman with his big round head and a fag hanging out the side of his mouth encouraging the kiddies to light up! lol.gif I'm surprised the idea hasn't already occured to them.

kids like to copy their parents with everything. I don't think there's anything wrong. Upto the parents to educate their kids properly.

When we were kids we had theose candy sticks that were white and long like smoke.

I think they were called FAGS? anyone remember them?

If you want to complain about something and say that something is silly then look at the amount of soft drinks that people in OZ, US, UK etc feed their kids!

Quote:
Originally posted by Indosnm:
kids like to copy their parents with everything. I don't think there's anything wrong. Upto the parents to educate their kids properly.

When we were kids we had theose candy sticks that were white and long like smoke.
I think they were called FAGS? anyone remember them?

If you want to complain about something and say that something is silly then look at the amount of soft drinks that people in OZ, US, UK etc feed their kids!
When I were a lad, we had candy cigarettes. They came with red food colouring on the end to make em look like you'd lit up. We also got sticks of very low quality chocolate that was wrapped in what looked like cigarette papers complete with an orange filter. When I was in my teens, they changed the name of candy cigarettes to "candy sticks" and stopped painting one end red.

My brother told me that he found my niece playing in a shed with two girls from across the road who get to watch TV after the 9pm threshold. One of them was in the shed as a "prisoner" and another stood at the door as a "guard". The game was for the third to smuggle pretend drugs past the guard into the prison. The oldest of them is seven. They live in a perfectly respectable "chav-free" area, btw.
 Quote:
When I were a lad, we had candy cigarettes. They came with red food colouring on the end to make em look like you'd lit up.
lol.gif

I remember them Used to really like them. Funny that no-one in our family has ever smoked.