Some interesting, some rather less. I was just reading some music mags from the UK and in the back there were ads for the following tours:

Level 42

Stiff Little Fingers

Deacon Blue

Buzzcocks

INXS

Hawkwind

Hothouse Flowers

The Wonder Stuff

Jefferson Starship

The Human League

The Icicle Works

The Pogues

I had to double check the date on the front. No, it wasn't 1987!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love that Jefferson Starship are still playing. however, i think they should change jefferson to something more fitting of this generation, just like they did in the 80's. maybe "The People's Li Starship"

have they put out new albums? i can accept touring dinosaurs if they are playing new material. mind you , that also depends on the quality of said material. i am having images of "Smell the Glove".

Perhaps that edge to Grace Slick's voice came from a certain premonition that one day, her band would be playing to an empty lounge at the Holiday Inn in Taos, New Mexico.

"Gypsies, drunken, roaring". Ah, if only.

I remember seeing The Pogues once when I was at college. Wild it was, great night. I wonder what they're like now, I'm surprised that lead singer guy is still with us, he seemed in a pretty bad state when we saw them.

BoC, head to Filthy McNasty’s pub in north London and its more than likely Shane McGowan (lead singer of the Pogues) will be there. Word has it that’s he’s not a particularly nice man though. I think he owns the pub too

Icicle Works, used to love them. Ian McNab. Even if he's a scouser. ;\)

Have seen The Wonder Stuff as well a few times around 1990. All same members reforming to milk the name or just the one or two I wonder.

And Wham!

"WHAM! MORE TIME

EXCLUSIVE George and Andrew play reunion gig at Wembley

WHAM! are to reform 20 years after they split."

Seems curious when GM is doing a really successful solo tour. And the fact that Mr Ridgeley didn't do anything. Then again I suppose it will make a lot of money. Good enough reason.

Level 42

I wonder if that guys thumb is still insured for $$$. Is he still doing all that slapping around I wonder? lol.gif

I used to like one of their songs when I was at school, The sun goes down or something.

Icicle Works! Yes seen them a few times way back they were good live.

• 2 months later...
 Quote:
Both, but the selling point is Floyd.
I guess so eh?! Love Pink Floyd, but I remember hearing some of Water's solo stuff a few years ago -- "What God Wants". Bloody rubbish. About as good as Freddy Mercury's "Radio Goo goo" if you can remember that.
  • 2 weeks later...

Tons more reforms and dinosaur tours.

Crowded House getting back together as well.

__

Antipodean favourites Crowded House, US rockers Rage Against the Machine and Van Halen and UK indie heroes James and the Jesus and Mary Chain are all planning live comebacks.

Genesis - with Phil Collins but without Peter Gabriel - have already announced summer dates, while Sting is widely expected to bring back The Police.

Other bands who have buried their various hatchets to return in 2007 include The Smashing Pumpkins, the Sugarcubes, Dinosaur Jr and My Bloody Valentine.