Conspiring with him how to load and bless

With fruit the vines that round the thatch-eves run;

To bend with apples the moss’d cottage-trees,

And fill all fruit with ripeness to the core;

To swell the gourd, and plump the hazel shells

With a sweet kernel; to set budding more,

And still more, later flowers for the bees,

Until they think warm days will never cease,

For Summer has o’er-brimm’d their clammy cells.

(Keats)

I feel sorry for you southern peeps. It's autumn here. soon it will be winter happyglass.gif

My theory is that summer exists to remind us of how much more pleasant the other seasons are. Fwiw, we are in for a hot week here, but last night I needed to wear something in bed for the first time in a couple of months. Keep the faith!

Quote:
Originally posted by soubriquet:
My theory is that summer exists to remind us of how much more pleasant the other seasons are. Fwiw, we are in for a hot week here, but last night I needed to wear something in bed for the first time in a couple of months. Keep the faith!
This is gonna sound really outta place on this site, but my theory is the opposite Soub! Winter exists simply for that reason in my opinion! lol.gif I hate the cold! And the landscapes are so drab (when no snow) that the spring greens are awesome. The only thing making winters bearable is the snow and therefore snowboarding/skiing! thumbsup.gif

I like all (24?) seasons. I get bored towards the end of each season, and find myself looking forward to the next. Japan is particularly good for that, each season is very distinct, and offers different activities.

• 2 weeks later...

Woo hoo. Last Sunday I was melting in the sun in shorts and Tee shirt at a local matsuri, Monday was perfect for the mountain onsen. Today I'm in jeans and three layers.

Autumn colours are appearing now. The mountain lacquer trees are starting to turn.