No hand luggage / People accepting more expensive flights for safety.

Contemplating life without any hand luggage on a 10-14 hour flight. Scary thought don't you think.

I just heard a comment - people would be willing to pay more for flights for the safety. But would they? I think actually people would not. They expect safety already.

No hand luggage or anything for the 12 hours. It sounds like even less fun than usual.

People expect safety.

Perhaps they would introduce a "you might get blown up" 50,000 yen discount course or something.

Nope, no books, but they are saying that the very strict hand luggage policy will not be in place for too long.

I understand the no liquids, no gels thing but is it possible to use a book to make a bomb?

no hand luggage = death of duty free.

I think its sensible to let people put more in the hold and be really strict on the hand luggage size. Anything bigger than a regular backpack is unneccesary unless you have a baby.

Even though people could not take any hand luggage for a while then, I thought they were still able to buy things after they go through the main security. No?

It wasn't too much hassle for me. They allowed me to put more in the hold.

Finding it difficult to sleep still now though.

Misorano,

It depends where you are going and who you are flying with. Virgin Atlantic (Tokyo to London) has video on demand (including kids movies & a dedicated kids channel) and a load of video games in the seatback, even in economy. If the seatback set is not working for some reason they will lend you personal DVD players or hand held games. Al Italia (Tokyo to Rome) has the same seatback system but I'm not sure if they also loan out stuff. Some airlines (like JAL) only offer video on demand in business class and above.