Fattwins you are correct on that. Niseko doesn't have many steep runs. But what it did have that appealed to me was early season snow. That didn't work out this year and Hakuba got the early snow but I am hoping next year will be back to normal.

But now that I am back in Gifu I am going to be skiing the hills in Gifu and Nagano for the rest of the season.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nofakie! - your wife rips! \:D

those are cool.gif vids - all shot on DV, right? its much nicer getting the full 30(or 25) frames per sec... the canon stills cams weve been shooting on only get 15fps... doesnt capture the true majesty of those fat rooster tails... :sigh:

Your wife certainly rips nofakie. She looks very very comfortable in the pow. How long has she been riding? I bet she is a seasoned veteran!

Very sick videos. I love watching pow vids even if some people say they think they are mundane. I love riding pow and love watching my mates rip it up as well.

Would love to hook up with you guys soon for some riding.

Cheers

Your wife certainly rips nofakie. She looks very very comfortable in the pow. How long has she been riding? I bet she is a seasoned veteran!

Very sick videos. I love watching pow vids even if some people say they think they are mundane. I love riding pow and love watching my mates rip it up as well.

Would love to hook up with you guys soon for some riding.

Cheers

Thanks folks, I'll pass the comments on.

The missus has been boarding for years but only starting riding pow last year. As you can probably tell, she's hasn't learnt very much from me clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

Bring your lady and we'll do it again Fatman.

Quote:
Originally posted by NoFakie:
Bring your lady and we'll do it again Fatman.
Bit of riding going to be had between the four of you then? ;\) If the movers were not coming in I would certainly be there to join this romp!

Montoya I have had all the gear for years just wanted to know the finer points.

Is it worth it yes it sure is. Lots of beacon practice. NOt just one beacon either which is important. good route finding skills. digging pits with people who know how to do it.

I have a greater respect for what I ski now.

All the pow will be gone in one run. drop my standards no-way skiing witha good crew is not dropping my standards. Neither is wanting to huck myself I am torn by the idea of jumping or powder. both places have good people to ride with. in 2 weeks jan 31st to feb 2nd going up to hakuba thats a sat to monday can you guys come up sat and sun?