I was just reading this article in Mainichi about "happening bars" and wondering what was the strangest thing you have seen going on in a bar/club?

I have no exotic experiences to share, but interested to hear yours/

\:\)

I once walked into a bar, well it was more of an old style pub, to see a dog with some guys wooden leg in its mouth chewing away quite contently and the guy was at the bar slowly getting sloshed...oh did I mention the guy also only had one eye..the other 'eye' was safely stored in a glass next to his beer (it was a glass eye). I swear I could hear a banjo playing in the distance \:\)

I was on a Cape york motorbike trip and we stopped at a pub, walked in the door and there was a cattle dog sitting in the corner with sunglasses on, no s**t.

Quote:
Originally posted by maoriboy:
In a small rural pub in NZ Rach.
So, you mean either Auckland or Wellington then, eh Bro? lol.gif

In an Outback pub, once saw a horse put its head through a window, one of the local patrons put a can of beer in its mouth - the horse tipped it up, drank the lot, crushed and dropped the can, then wandered off.

I later heard the patron and the horse got into a fight because the horse didn't return the shout. ;\)

Another time, saw the pub cat wander in, the publican tipped some beer into its saucer, the cat lapped it up then wandered off to lay beside the open fire. Now that's a charmed life!

During my uni days I once ran into my parents at a nightclub.

They'd been eating with some friends at a nearby restaurant and decided to go into the club and see what it was like.

I was absolutely mortified but my friends thought it was hilarious and my dad ended up buying them drinks all night. I ended up leaving in a huff and catching a cab home by myself.

When they rolled in two hours later I was sitting on the couch with my arms crossed, glaring. Quite the role reversal lol.gif