what to do for fun in sapporo?

i will be in sapporo for the ice festival after niseko with some guy friends....any idea what to do for fun at nite in sapporo? ie clubs? bars? something like men gallery in melb? haha...

we know what to do during the day but no agenda for nite time yet...

There is a strip which was innocent by day, but like a red light district at night. I don't know the name of it though! I still have some of the brouchures they handed to me... Someone will know what i'm talking about.

Some G-rated things to check out would be the fish market and Saporro brewery if you want a department complex (not the actual brewery we realised this too late)

Sapporo beer hall you can take a tour and get free beer at the end, we had the 40min nomihodi at no cost.... clap.gif Think you may have to make a reservation though I forget.

Susukino is interesting at night....but beware keep your wits about you!

Susukino is the place when night falls. It's not as rowdy and out of control as it used to be in the late '90's since they've been cracking down on certain aspects of "adult entertainment" industry there, but a fine good time can still be had. If you want to get a good drunk on, that's the place to go. It's easily accessed by the subway, and there are lots of places like "ramen alley" open late for something to eat afterwards. I don't know of any specific bar where all the expats go...

It's regularly on the news here.....my favourite story was they ask you to come into their bar..let you drink happily and then extort you with a monster bill at the end. Extortion plus. Gangs if you get my drift...plus wench happyglass.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by Mudguts:
Don't agree about Otaru. Well worth a daytrip with awesomely cheap and delicious sushi, some good bars and decent shopping for if thats your thing
I know its just your opinion but its not like you cant get that or do it in Sapporo... The canal bit is shite too. If you go there for the canal you'll be disappointed.
 Quote:
Originally posted by sakebomb:
It's regularly on the news here.....my favourite story was they ask you to come into their bar..let you drink happily and then extort you with a monster bill at the end....
That happens a lot in China too. Specially in Beijing (Wangfujin) and Shanghai (Nanjing Lu). Watch out! Don't go with people.

I am sure Japan is different. However, I am used to keep attention all the time, 100%
 Quote:
Originally posted by Kraut_in_HongKong:
 Quote:
Originally posted by sakebomb:
It's regularly on the news here.....my favourite story was they ask you to come into their bar..let you drink happily and then extort you with a monster bill at the end....
This sounds like the plan for the upcoming SJ party in Hakuba... eek.gif

tks for all the great info guys.

sapporo brewery is not a real brewery? so sapporo beer hall is a better place to check out?

Abit nervous abt Susukino now...wouldnt want to get exort or gang up by some gangster hehe.. but it still safe to go inside without get rip off rite.. \:\)

it is great to hear everyone experiences