Porridge. I used to love it when I was younger and hadn't had it for a long time. But I have recently rediscovered it after finding some in a supermarket and getting really into it again.

It's going to be fab when it's winter and cold and I have my porridge in the morning.

Any other porridge fans out there?

Yep, good simple stuff, especially with a little cold milk poured on before each spoonful. This gives a good sensation in the mouth and also enhances the flavour.

I like mine with that soft damp brown sugar. There is a Scottish guy at work and he has given me a few excellent tips and quality porridge. Scotland has brought an excellent natural meal to the breakfast table (a landscape littered with 'food' from gaudy cardboard boxes. No thanks).

Home made natural museli is also excellent, but that is a different topic.

Costco has bulk boxes of plain rolled oats...which reminds me I need to stock up for winter.

Last year a friend gave me a large bottle of maple syrup, that went well with the porridge.

I also like to chuck in raisins while cooking my porridge, they become bloated and juicy, delish.

Maple syrup and porridge, very nice. So is cinnamon. And roasted sunflower and sesame seeds and other nuts. And/or cook and half a chopped banana and some fresh sultana grapes and/or apple.

Of course I Iike mine with soy milk, not cows milk. :p

I haven't had porridge since I was a babyrach I think. My gran used to love it. Every morning without fail.

I will have to give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...

Good porridge ideas guys. Soft brown sugar was specifically desined to melt on the top of scalding hot porridge was it not. The add milk and fruit and you're away. When are we going to Costco snowglider?