I really enjoy typhoons. The WCT surf contest at Chiba was held in epic conditions over the weekend and finished in even more epic conditions on Monday. The final was more like a point break somewhere in hawaii than anything in Japan ... tube after tube after tube. Epic.

Check out the pics and video on the below website if you have time. There are some really perfect waves out there ... you just have to look and be patient!

http://www.aspworldtour.com

Fats, don't call them stupid, you should say thanks.

Yama... send the address please!

SLOW - you're not likely to see waves like that again in a hurry!

NPM - didn't they get lucky eh!

Typhoon wasn't even supposed to hit chiba that much but she swang around in time and gave a bloody perfect finish to the event, especially semi finals & final. Up there with Tahiti & fiji this year (not as powerful) Quik didn't edit any highlights of the sunday or monday, just threw up the final on the site. Pretty slack on their behalf.

Pity that we had to listen to Schmoo, typical bloody seppo dribble pouring outta his mouth the whole time.. Pottz was OK..

slow, you want to know about the CD - http://dj19.19boxrec.com/ choose the link for DJ19 and read about Ambrozia. In the shops on my birthday, we're doing a release party in Azabu Juban on 27th... The video came out good, a bit cheesy in places, but it's pretty good nonetheless. Unfortunately our dance shots didn't work out cos the day we went it was obon and the place was pretty sparse, so they didn't make the cut.

My own album - should be printing next week.

Thank you for the info, sunrise.

I'll be back before the 27th, so I may be able to see you on that night. Could you tell me the name of the place in Azabu Juban?

I can't wait for listening to your own album, too!!

Have a great trip!

Departure Lounge. 5575-5420

7F 1-9-2 Azabu Juban

It looks like it's right next to the Jomo (opposite the Uedo line exit).

Let me know if you're coming, I'll have a better idea of the times by then. I think around 10.30pm or so, but not a late nite.

• 2 weeks later...

It was very nice night. Thank you sunrise.

The place was brandnew and very Tokyoish! It was very nice to listen to your beautiful and peaceful singing voice right after coming back from noisy Vietnam.