Curt-chan, just curious, why shouldn't the world provide aid? Are the victims of Katrina unworthy because the US has a shitty prez or because your idol, the Ayatollah says so?

Biloxi,for example, is a very economically poor area. Curtis, if "the world" isn't sending help, are you?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very peculiar comments!

Quote:
Curt-chan, just curious, why shouldn't the world provide aid?
Sorry, I really can't remember arguing people shouldn't.... wakaranai.gif

Quote:
Are the victims of Katrina unworthy
Er, no.

Quote:
...because the US has a shitty prez or because your idol, the Ayatollah says so?
My idol? Where's that coming from?!?

Quote:
Curtis, if "the world" isn't sending help, are you?
My name isn't Curtis.

What does it matter what the quid pro quo is?

To simplify things for you, how about the quid pro quo is giving for the sake of helping. People (human beings) who regardless of political affiliation or nationality or sexual preference have been devestated and they need help. Is this hard for you to grasp?

A reasonable quid pro quo would be signing up to reduce global warming and agreeing not to invade any more countries for oil. I think you'll find that American aid that comes with no strings attached is the exception, not the rule.

Those human beings freely elected a chimpanzee who doesn't believe in global warming. I have no sympathy with them.

considering, that the natoinal gaurd and rescue services are still in rescue mode only ! Its kinda of strange to comment on what has not been done already. The place is a mess and before aid gets rushed in there has to be somewhere to start. ie the water has to receed first.

Fox news is right wing trash anyways, who cares.

water recede? problem with that is the place where the water hasnt receded in New Orleans which has the opposite problem where the levees and flood banks have burst and more water from Pontchartrain is pouring in. Being situated in a basin below lake level, they better do something fast or water will keep pouring in. Sadly it cant recede, being below sea level means they gotta pump it all out.

I dont know if all of Biloxi is economically poor, they showed some pretty rich neighbourhoods that were wiped out by the storm surge in Biloxi

Ocean - you are a prick. Your generalizations about Americans are so off-base. Go ahead and be pissed and bitter about Bush but leave the people that have been affected by this tragedy out of your political hate rants. Better yet, why don't you focus your hostility on your little bitch of a country that licks Bush's shoes. That must mean all English are cold-hearted, moronic conformists since Blair is Bush's puppet. :rolleyes:

I HATE George W and his gaggle of village idiots. BUT, I'm intelligent enough to recognize that this disaster is not Bush's fault. Okay, he did cut funding to the Army Corp to shore up and strengthen the levees of New Orleans 2 months ago. If you want to blame him for anything, blame him for the substantial flooding that is now taking place in N.O. (like that is even realistic) Or, how about blaming the French-Canadians for building a city in such a stupid location.

Anybody that is blaming this on global warming obviously hasn't done any damn research on hurricane cycles and activity. No matter who was in office, even if they'd signed Kyoto, this still would have happened. Kyoto wouldn't have done a thing to prevent this hurricane or to weaken it. In the scientific community (way before global warming got any media attention), the destruction of New Orleans was never an 'if', it has always been a 'when'. If anyone remembers, N.O. dodged a huge bullet a year ago this week - they weren't so lucky this time.

I love how a lot on here are so sympathetic about disasters in other parts of the world. When it comes to the USA, a tone of 'they deserved it' seems to be popular. No matter that Indonesia is a hot-bed of terrorism and human rights violations - let's feel sorry for them since most citizens there aren't like that. However, from the views I've read by some on here, all Americans support Bush and therefore can go to hell and don't deserve any international support.

By the way, I just got a call from a friend who is on his way to Mississippi/New Orleans in order to help with the disaster management in the area. He only made it to DC last night (from PA) thanks to torrential rains and tornadoes spawned by the remnants of Katrina. I'm going to be helping out with some of the mapping for this since their capacity for doing work in the field will be limited.

To those that have offered sympathy and have shown support during this horrible event, thank you. To those who let their cynicism and hate overpower any kind of remorse or sympathy for the victims - f*** off!

Nice rant Plucky. Keep ranting. There's only about a millimetre of space between you and Fox, the home of cynicism and hate. Correcting all the factual inaccuracies and deliberate half-truths in your rant would fill a page of this thread, so I won't bother.

"That must mean all English are cold-hearted, moronic conformists since Blair is Bush's puppet." Not all, but a great many, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
There's only about a millimetre of space between you and Fox, the home of cynicism and hate.
Umm, hello? Pot, meet kettle. Your reading comprehension is abysmal. Yeah, I'm a HUGE fan of Fox News lol.gif

Quote:
Correcting all the factual inaccuracies and deliberate half-truths in your rant would fill a page of this thread, so I won't bother.
Nice cop-out. Why don't you just do it point by point. It's not like you're stressed for time. I mean, when you post 50 times a day on a message board....... So, let's hear it.

I've lost all respect for you Ocean. You're so blinded by hatred and filled with angst that it's hard to take you seriously on any topic. Instead of bringing politics in to this matter, why not look at things a bit more objectively? That may be asking a lot of you, however.

Calm down boys, you're only gonna go round in circles.

Back on topic, it is all very sad indeed and seems to be getting worse, they say the dead might be in the thousands now.

> Yeah, I'm a HUGE fan of Fox News

No, Plucky, it's you that has poor reading comprehension, not me. Yes, I know you say you don't like Fox and Bush, but you protest too much. Because however much you may think you're completely different, you sound exactly the same. Always the same knee-jerk nationalism. Always the same accusations of hatred.

Why don't you look at things a bit more objectively yourself? I began by responding to some drivel from Fox (with which you are apparently in 100% agreement). I then wondered what the quid pro quo with America might be (because, for me at least, it's all strictly business and contractual with the US). Perhaps you could try to be objective about if the US really needs help. Are they accepting the help offered by Venezuela yet?

Would you please tell me what Bush had to do with New Orleans and Hurricane Katrina? YOU made it political. YOU are the one making sweeping generalizations about the American public.

Quote:
But I expect the voters will be pursuaded it was Iran's fault, or that it was the good Lord's retribution for tolerating gays
I know sarcasm is in full effect here (or is it?). What in the hell does this have to do with the hurricane victims? Are you insinuating that ALL Americans are sheep?

Quote:
Let's hope that some sodomite in Crawford TX tempts God to cause Katrina to take a sharp left after New Orleans...
Great, wishing harm on an entire town because of a gripe you have with one person. Actually, it sounds like you wouldn't mind all of us gay-hating religous sheeple in America to be wiped out.

Quote:
I believe President Chavez has offered aid, to poor people in particular, even though Americans have tried to have him removed and call for his murder.
One right wing nut calls for his head and all of the sudden it is all Americans who did this?

Quote:
Those human beings freely elected a chimpanzee who doesn't believe in global warming. I have no sympathy with them
Yep, we ALL voted for him. Have you looked at his approval ratings recently? So, you have no sympathy for the victims because the may have voted for Bush?

You are pathetic. Once again, what does the disaster in New Orleans have to do with Bush? Global Warming and the Kyoto Protocol? Give me a break. What's your background in again? Atmospheric Science? Geophysics? :rolleyes:

I have every right to be offended by your comments. Call it nationalistic if you want, but I'm not going to sit here and listen to your crap while there are thousands of dead and dying and over a million lives being ruined in MY country. Did anyone on here verbally attack Britian after the London bombings? No, offers of support and sympathy were rampant - not political jabs in a time of despair and need.

I'm sorry if you can't see the dichotomy here - how one can hate their leader but support their country and countrymen. Don't even dare tell me what I think or who I sound like. You have no idea and no right to do so.

Quote:
Originally posted by yoroshiku onegai shimasu:
(Actually I can remember a fair few "verbal attacks on Britain" and "political jabs" after those bombings in London. It might help to go back and read that.)
I only read the first few pages of that thread and don't remember reading anything like that. I do remember Ocean attacking the US and Bush on that thread, however. I might even say he was justified in that case. To blame Bush for a NATURAL DISASTER is just ludicrous, however, especially considering things are still getting worse in New Orleans. The blanket attacks on the American public are ridiculous as well.

I'm done with this. I've said what I wanted to.

Rave on Brother! More 'American-style' lies, half-truths, and hypocrisy.

You sound just like Fox, especially with that bullying, threatening tone at the end. Well, alas, I both dare and know.

> I'm sorry if you can't see the dichotomy here - how one can hate their leader but support their country and countrymen.

In a democracy like the ones we enjoy in our respective countries, you literally deserve who you get. So you gotsta take responsibility for 'em at some stage. It just hurts if they happen to be a chimpanzee or the poodle of a chimpanzee.

> Did anyone on here verbally attack Britian after the London bombings?

Yeah, I think I did.

If you can't see, or admit, the links between Bush, global warming, Kyoto, and New Orleans, then that just makes you one more ignorant, blind American like most of the rest of them. (And, just so that you have one less twist in your tightly bunched knickers, I do know that typhoons and hurricanes are a complex phenomenon, affected by a wide range of non-obvious factors. Besides the opinion pieces about it I linked to above, I have read some scientific background too, which suggests - guardedly, given the Stalinization of science in the US at the moment - that the heat of the Gulf waters may have been a factor. Well, shit, whoda thought it?!)

I hate to rub this in, and make all sorts of strange connections, but I just read this in the Washington Post.

=======

Among the questions being asked around Washington and the blogosphere this morning:

* If the reason Bush returned to Washington is that he is more effective here, then why didn't he come back two days ago?

* If the White House considers the return from vacation largely symbolic, then what is the symbolism of his long vacation during a war?

* Could Bush and the federal government have done more to prepare for hurricane recovery? Unlike the Asian tsunami, this hurricane was forecast days ahead of time.

* Did any of his previous budget decisions allow the hurricane to cause more damage than it might have otherwise?

* Are National Guard troops and equipment required to restore order in this country many thousands of miles away.

* Will he and his administration meet this disaster quickly and effectively with the appropriate civilian and military resources and manpower?

* Will the White House provide the bold leadership and vision that the nation requires?

=======

Since the President is a chimpanzee, I think the answers to those questions are going to be grim.

But I remember the reason why the Chimp doesn't want to help African countries with money is that their leaders are corrupt and ineffectual. Other people may now feel the same way about America ... to put it harshly.

I couldn't imagine disaster like this in the US. But I was more surprised to read this.

Quote:
After touring the destruction by air, Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour said it is not of case of homes being severely damaged, "they're simply not there. ... I can only imagine that this is what Hiroshima looked like 60 years ago."
American governers don't know what Hiroshima looked like, how many people died... He shouldn't have said that... It's because of the history education... I'm sad...

slow, some of the photos I've seen reminded me of Hiroshima too - great swathes of housing wiped flat and the debris carried away.

But, what they're experiencing in New Orleans now is probably more like Fallujah than Hiroshima.

Maybe it's time to impeach the Chimp already...?