What is it about the obsession with foreign models in this country?

Do they really sell more products?

Has anyone ever done any work like this? How did it go? I work for a glasses company and they have just asked me to find some "foreign models" for their latest promotion. Apparently the glasses just look better on high noses...

(By the way, anyone interested in easy cash for a day's "modelling" at Yokohama PM me!)

I did do a TV ad for Geos when I used to work for them. Was really cringe-worthy but a good laugh and my friends back home found it highly entertaining.

These glasses ads are the type delivered with the daily newspapers so all my neighbours would recognise me. If I didn't live around here I would do it. Also, cos I already work here I wouldn't get any of the wads of cash they are offering \:D .

I find that having a high nose doesn't stop my glasses from slithering down it, so that I spend most of my glasses life squinting blindly over the top of them.

I also have my face screwed up with irritation so much of the time it might be rather easier just to clench a monocle in there.

If you want someone who looks a bit pissed off wearing glasses, send your photographers down to Matsuyama with a suitable selection of bribes, and I will scowl for them. (My fee will include all the glasses used for the shoot. Except the pink ones.)

How does that sound?

I'm in actual fact more handsome than my avatar. But I would need a seat (business class) on a flight over from the UK. OK?

Back on subject has anyone here ever done any ad work like that and been in the papers or on telly? Do we have any famous gaijin hanging round here?

Ace. What was it about? "Gaijin crime in Japan", "They're stealing our chicks"??

;\)

I made it in the local paper for making a speech at the local community center. Big news it was.

Never been naked in advertising. Did have to dress up as as Mrs Claus to promote a charity Christmas party on Saga local TV once.

Weegeoff,

left4.jpg

Where is the glass? \:D

Yamakashi, might be able to persuade them!! PM me.

My son and I did a TV New Year special drama bit - I played a Sea Captain and my son played a bully, picking on siamese twins. It was supposed to be a scene in Thailand and it was cold enough that it was snowing a bit but they didn't seem to care. We had no idea what the story was when they were taping it.

Stayed up really late with kid to watch (he was about 9 then) and found out the show was about weird human beings - the story before ours was about women with huge breasts. Our story was equally as weird...never do that again!

Sounds like fun fjef!

I did a bit of film extra work at one point - there's no unions here, so they often get the gaijin to do speaking parts and still pay crap wages. I've been murdered (strangled) on a lousy C grade Japanese telemovie, was Charlie Chaplain's wife in some lousy C grade J documentary, was Charlie Chaplain's mother in another one, was ravaged by the ebola virus in something else (had to act like I'd gone mad, that wasn't hard...), was a psychic went into crazy cross-eyed trances on Unbelievable once, even did a KDD001 commerical once (thru a 'real paying' agent) - they really didn't want to use me, but I was the only gaijin female piano player in town that was capable of mimicking the marimba part.

Quote:
Originally posted by sunrise:
Great, Yama - let's do the shoot on the same day (assume we get the gig), that'd be a hoot!
Yeah baby! And P-A-R-T-Y in Tokyo too!! But, too bad they need a headshot of me in advance...theyll laugh their @sses off \:o