• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> So what would you have them say to the public just after this happened?

Well don't you think it's a bit silly to talk about being 'resolute'. I mean, in practical terms, how do you go about being 'resolute'?

"I am resolutely going to use London public transport again today, even though it is clearly dangerous"?

"I am going to walk to the local pub for lunch as usual, without any diminishing of my resoluteness"?

Can't you tell straightforward bullshit when you hear it?

"I am resolutely going to vote Labour at the next opportunity (even though they encourage terrorism and bullshit me to boot)"?

What would you say frannyo? (Saying anything sensible is obviously difficult when you're responsible, like Bliar, for the ongoing nastiness...)

Quote:
Originally posted by Siren:
You obviously haven't read 'The Art of War'.

The aim is of course never 'to kill as many as possible'.
Your right I havent read it, though the thought did cross my mind that mabey the bombs didnt really go off on purpose so they could still get the terror effect without killing too many.

Just not so busy that you couldn't find the time to write a passive-aggressive little post...

Addressing my comments now to people who aren't too busy to be polite, I've read the Art of War. I didn't really understand it. Although I'd be willing to bet that Tony Blair isn't following its prescriptions. If another bombing occurs in the next few weeks, I wonder if all that 'Londoners hardened by the Blitz' guff will still fly. Also Londoners probably won't be needing Tony to explain to them what a terrorist is.

Quote:
Addressing my comments now to people who aren't too busy to be polite, I've read the Art of War.
:p I don't claim to fully understand it (and I certainly didn't read the original text) but the basic tactics are just common sense.

Being resolute or not is totally irrelevant. How much it is going to cost (never mind if it is going to work) is. And for what?
 Quote:
mabey the bombs didnt really go off on purpose so they could still get the terror effect without killing too many.
Perhaps we should be thanking them, then. Cheers mates, nice one!
I think they were just crap terrorists, simple as that. Perhaps Viz could create characters.

They nearly got caught didn't they? Rather risky don't you think.

It seems that some people almost want these things to happen and get some kind of perverse pleasure out of it out of their hatred for Bush/Blair etc.

It was just on the tv about one being OVAL station, the other near Shepherds BUSH. (What's the "US" link with Warren Street?)
 Quote:
It seems that some people almost want these things to happen and get some kind of perverse pleasure out of it out of their hatred for Bush/Blair etc.
No, a better way would be to pretend that they won't and everything is a coincidence.

Not again...

Passengers have been evacuated from a Tube train on the Northern Line at Stockwell, south London, after hearing what appeared to be shots being fired.

Passenger Briony Coetsee said: "We were on the Tube and then we suddenly heard someone say, 'Get out, get out' and then we heard gunshots."

Police are hunting four would-be bombers after Thursday's London blasts.

The bombers fled after detonators went off, causing small blasts, but failed to detonate the bombs themselves.