Please Pay Your Automobile Tax

10 days ago I got the form to pay my car tax.

The due date on the form is 31st May 2005.

I paid it at the bank on Tuesday this week.

Today I get the following in the post, cheeky bastards

>>>>>>>>>>

Please Pay Your Automobile Tax (in great big bold letters)

The Taxation Section of our office sent you a notification of the payment due of your Automobile tax on May 10th. The due date of the tax is May 31st.

Please pay in your nearest bank without fail, by the date of payment.

As im out of here at the end of July I was planning to not get around to paying mine. That way I dont have to go through the hastle of getting most of it refunded.

anyone got any horror stories to make me change my plan or does it sound like a reasonable plan.

The car will likely be scrapped when I leave.

Going through the same dilema myself, Cap'n. Was trying to get it off the road before next tuesday, but it probably won't make any difference. I&m just going to pay, then get the refund.

A week after the original bill seems pretty steep.

Sounds like a F%&k up, I mean, your first date hasn't even expired yet.

In cashless years I have put off paying it until November! They just send you a new bill each month.

You must pay it if you want shaken and if you are planning on de registering your car.

If you just leave technically you will be billed forever until the car is de registered.

There seems to be some mad rush to get car tax paid this year for some reason. The top guy of the ken (Niigata) is on tv doing ads this last week or so saying "please pay your car tax". Hmmm.

capitan, don`t worry! i paid my last years one i Feb. this year. At first i didn`t know what is was, because i`d just had a shaken done on my car and i thought i`d covered all bases. then i was inforned that it was an `additional` tax.

i kept puttin it off and off and then finally paid it this feb. yeah, i got a cuppla threatening letters in the meantime but hey...