Hiya all...

Ok here in Aus we tend to have Vegimite on Toast or Weetbix (stereotypically)....

I love my vegimite toast...

What do you eat for breakfast in Japan?

Sam

*a wimpering little girl who will miss her vegimite!*

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you've got a lot of free time there...a bit out of control...crazy girl...

anyway..I stay away from "japanese breakfast", but it consists of (usually)

rice, miso, fish, natto, other strange veggies

danz

Coffee

Marmite on toast when I can get it

Lobster thermidor

Bread

Yoghurt

Fruits in season

The smell of grilled fish coming from my neighbour's house in the morning makes me want to puke, but when they have sausages, I slaver a bit.

(I lied about the lobster thermidor by the way.)

When you come over, bring a case of Vegemite, make friends and influence people.

Vegemite: The fruit of the gods(Sanitarium and other such manufacturer gods that is \:D ) The balancer of the force. The bringer of healthy living. The best bloody thing to have before a slide down the mountain.

Doesn't tell you much about what it is, but if I gave away the secret I might have to terminate you \:D

The typical Japanese family home breakfast is a little hard to stomach. Plenty of energy in it and good for you, but not nice for breakfast.

Mind you, neither is the typical western breaky of factory made toast and jam.

I go to great lenghths and expense to may the individual ingridients of my killer muesli.

As an aside, here is the ultimate breakfast drink. I commend it to you.

into a blender put the following:

1 big cup of quality OJ

2 big spoons of natural, unsweetened yoghurt (Greek is best)

1 raw egg

a handful of natural rolled oats

a spoonfull of honey.

1 banana

You can vary the amounts of yoghurt, oats and honey to change the flavour ant texture. You have to blend the bejesus out of it to chop up the oats.

It is the ulimate energy breakfast.

If any of you poor deprived people would like some Vege/Mar/Pro-mite, drop me an email and I'll help you out.

I understand how bad things can get, after living in Adelaide (the coffee capital of .au), I tried for 6 weeks to get a decent coffee in the UK and only found one place in Inverness that could do it.

Not been back lately, no. Well I'm glad to hear things have changed. I shall be drinking some tasty UK coffee this winter then (and praying that the snow in Japan is crap while I'm there).

What about cafe waitress' skirts? Are they still coming down at the hem and apart at the seams?

infact, I at a yakitori place in Ginza called Bird Man. One of the yakitori stick was a big long bit of grilled and almost melted cheese twisted around the stick. It was the best thing I have eaten in 6 months.