When will this heat GO AWAY

It's the 'zansho' - the heat that remains. It's 'kibishii'.

(When are the Japanese going to stop pretending that summer suddenly ends after Obon, and that any hot weather thereafter is anomalous 'lingering heat'? And once they've figured that out, maybe they'll realize that New Year's day isn't the first day of spring either...)

Hi all, just got back last night.

Good to be back, but whats with the HEAT!??! I thought it would have cooled down a lot by now, not heated up more.

How was your summers then?

The heat that remains & will continue to do so for another month or so I'm sure. I had to laugh when I found out the official start of autumn is some time in August. Was out shopping today and noticed the first autumnal themed advertising as well.

I did enjoy going to the city provided public outdoor pool for the month it was open again this year. They closed on Aug 24th keeping in line with the mentality which has it closing at 5:00pm every day. A city which closes a public pool for the summer when it's still 35 degrees out everyday simply doesn't have the public interest at heart. It's outrageous really but then again it's the norm here and people would never see it that way.