20121211_161036.jpg

Am i imagining it, but assuming the nose is raised, have you gone for some kind of flying v here? It really looks like flying v just in front of where youve drilled the front inserts through to the tail, with an extra upswing rocker in the nose? :) trick of the camera?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its almost finished and Im stoked on how it come up for my first shot at board building. This crazy idea was born after coming home from japan with my DIY swallowtail supermodel, the swallowtail work

It looks like you could use the back part as an bottle opener for an enormous bottle of beer, if you should find one that big!  

Awesome job mate, looks SICK! Can always hang it on the wall if it rides like a pig (not that it will by the looks)   How does the flex feel just playing around with it? Bit more play than your oth

20121211_161036.jpg

Am i imagining it, but assuming the nose is raised, have you gone for some kind of flying v here? It really looks like flying v just in front of where youve drilled the front inserts through to the tail, with an extra upswing rocker in the nose? :) trick of the camera?

That pic is tricky, Its rocker between the bindings and camber outside the bindings and then there is the rocker nose

reveal the inserts

The inserts are hidden beneath one layer of fibreglass and the top sheet so to reveal them I made a template of where they "should" be and put a small drill into the board. Luckily each one went into the insert and not through the base :lol:

I then used a countersink bit to open them right up.

20121211_161036.jpg

camber1.jpg

gozaimaas, I'd just like to add my "oh my gosh, that's fantastic" to the above comments. I know nothing about snowboards, but once made a skateboard (35 years ago), so I can appreciate the work and time you put into this. Looks great, and I hope it rides like the wind.

20121211_161036.jpg

camber1.jpg

flying V with a rocker nose then. Called it :p First board ive ever seen with that mix up, if it ends up working you get to name a new tech :p

gozaimaas, I'd just like to add my "oh my gosh, that's fantastic" to the above comments. I know nothing about snowboards, but once made a skateboard (35 years ago), so I can appreciate the work and time you put into this. Looks great, and I hope it rides like the wind.

That is one gorgeous piece of work. :thumbsup:

I don't know much about snowboards, but I have to say, it looks fantastic! Good job on that!

Looks like a top job, well done!

:thumbsup:

Cheers guys

that looks sweet! better get some videos up of it in action...

dare you to ride switch... ;)

Haha switch is definately not the forte of this board but it can be done!

• 3 weeks later...

Thats another 2 and they are both the same design, I am coming to japan with 4 solids and 1 split all with different core thickness so I can test them and see which thickness I like best. No birdman knockoffs, I own one so no need to build one lol.

As for me being quiet I spent a week at Island bend, climbed mt kosciuszko and went up to blue lake for a look at some of the terrain I plan on touring next winter.